PDA

View Full Version : Make nut straight on turn w/ high paired board...

magicboy2
04-12-2005, 08:46 PM
UTG+1 and CO are both SLPPs, but stick to decent starting hands (VP$IP of 35 and 20 respectively). Capped on turn and river by passive players- even with my nut straight I'm scared, but can I fold a pot this big?

My first post- hopefully you'll appreciate that it's not "dOOd my pocket AA's got bUsTeD" and give some advice. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (28.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 40.25 BB

PokerProdigy
04-12-2005, 08:59 PM
I probably would have played this one the same way. If you do give this up though, I think you have to do it on the turn when it's reraised and then capped behind you. Because by the time the river roles around you've already put lots of $$$ in the pot, and the pot's HUGE by this point.

BriPlay
04-12-2005, 09:09 PM
nice post..tough hand
with MP2 checking and CO now leading..im instantly worried about him(he could have smooth called to the PF raiser (you) with TT, KJ, or KT). to boot..UTG+1 comes out from under his rock on the turn..red flag #2.
you have no way to improve..
This is a hard laydown..but if you CALL the turn..and its 3 to you..can you fold it?
Brian

numeri
04-12-2005, 09:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... by the time the river roles around you've already put lots of $$$ in the pot , and the pot's HUGE by this point.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree that you have to call, but your reasoning here is dangerous. How much you have committed at this point has no bearing on the call. The only consideration here is how often you have the best hand in comparison to the size of the pot.

bottomset
04-12-2005, 09:57 PM
first off VPIP is not influenced by agression/passivity so if you were using that # to say they were passive, ehh

if they are infact something like 35/3/.6 and 20/3/.6 then you are in trouble here

turn raise is good, and you can't fold on the turn

as for the river
you are getting 31.25/2, you only need to have the best hand around 6% of the time to breakeven, if it never gets3bet .. but the true breakeven point is around 10%

you'll see overplayed trips, the suckerstraight, AA enough of the time to call the intial 2bet

how many hands do you have on each villian?