PDA

View Full Version : Somethings Gotta Give....

ThaSaltCracka
04-12-2005, 08:04 PM
Okay, by now most of us have seen this thread, (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2131341&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1) and lets be honest with ourselves, this [censored] is ridiculous. What the [censored] has happened here man???? I see way to much bullshit going on around here, really dumb threads in OOT, people wasting so much time arguing over hot girls we will never bone and to what result....the poker content on this forum is falling to the wayside.

Why?

I know I am not an expert on poker, but I enjoy reading posts and threads that feature good advice, but it seems like some of the poker forums I lurk have been slipping lately. I don't understand why, because it seems like this forum was made for improving poker play, but for some reason a growing number of you douches decide that rather than try to be constructive and improve your game you use all your efforts to destroy other peoples forums and to troll other 2+2'ers. Part of me thinks thats why some of my favorite posters avoid this forum now. But either way, things have gotten out of hand, IMO.

Daryn has been saying for a while that this forum has been declining and I agree. I think we all need to change this. I personally am trying to post less here and read more elsewhere, maybe I'll throw in my two cents from time to time. Also, I am sure I will be involved in threads here as well, but maybe we all can try to regain our focus on what brought us here in the first place. I know I didn't come here initially to discuss sports and beer.

Anyways, here is hoping we can all try to grow up some and continue to improve our poker game.

kerssens
04-12-2005, 08:07 PM
mmmm....beer.

ThaSaltCracka
04-12-2005, 08:08 PM
thank you Mr. Marsh.

TimM
04-12-2005, 08:09 PM
I thought this was going to be about a Jack Nicholson movie.

kerssens
04-12-2005, 08:09 PM
I agree with your post but what is the answer?? More me? Possibly.

stankybank
04-12-2005, 08:10 PM
I thought this was the forum where you DON'T discuss poker. Am I wrong? OOT I'm speaking of...

nolanfan34
04-12-2005, 08:11 PM
I agree to a certain extent. To me, the best OOT stuff is food and beer threads somewhat.

And before people pile on TSC for making this post, remember that he got his post count through replying to posts, not creating dozens of new threads every day. There's a difference.

thatpfunk
04-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Isn't that what OOT is for though, to keep this crap out of the poker forums?

ThaSaltCracka
clearly more you.

bholdr
aggreed. more hot chick posts, i can always do with more hot chick posts.
more 'funny shiit i found on the internet' posts, OOT is my main source of fowarding material.
less 'lets make fun of these tools' posts- there are enough tools to make fun of in here anyway.
more 'check out this cool flash game' posts, i get bored easily.
less 'is this gay?, am i gay?, he is gay!' posts (except for hot tub photo jokes- i like those), WHO CARES?
more 'how many five year olds' and 'let bison help you' style discussions.
less 'I am a loser that can't relate to girls, help!' posts. we know. nothing we say will change that, sorry.

FEWER STUPID POLLS,

MORE MS OOT,

and, fer crying out loud, please god, no more 'I'm going to drop out of school and play poker' posts. you guys are morons.

ThaSaltCracka
04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
my point is that the overall quality of this site has deteriorated and I would like people to grow up some.

ThaSaltCracka
04-12-2005, 08:16 PM
I would imagine the number of threads I have started on this site is close to 75

Boris
04-12-2005, 08:21 PM
I think we need more self regulation on OOT. Whenever I see a thread with a really lame subject I try to chastize the poster. Mediocre and great threads are OK. But we need to get rid of the blatantly lame ones. Please join me in my effort.

We should also be more accepting of FUNNY trolls on OOT. So someone like deadbabyraper would be OK but someone like Vince and his feuds would be banished.

BTW - I was really disappointed in some of the responses to deadbabyraper. He basically owned you clowns in smack talk. The best anyone could reply was "you're stupid", or "you're dumb" or "I'm gonna tell Matt Sklansky on you". Effin douchebags. Learn to recognize some mildly entertaining cyber satire when it smacks you in the face. I really feel sorry for El Diablo and SpicyF. The censure of a fellow artist can not bode well for the two reigning members of the OOT culturati.

ThaSaltCracka
04-12-2005, 08:27 PM
I think you and I are on the same page. I think all the lame posters either need to stop posting or just stop starting lame threads.

The Stranger
04-12-2005, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW - I was really disappointed in some of the responses to deadbabyraper. He basically owned you clowns in smack talk. The best anyone could reply was "you're stupid", or "you're dumb" or "I'm gonna tell Matt Sklansky on you". Effin douchebags. Learn to recognize some mildly entertaining cyber satire when it smacks you in the face. I really feel sorry for El Diablo and SpicyF. The censure of a fellow artist can not bode well for the two reigning members of the OOT culturati.

[/ QUOTE ]

so Boris = deadbabyraper????

PS shouldn't it have been deadbabyrapist?

Boris
04-12-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so Boris = deadbabyraper????

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I can only aspire to the eloquence of deadbabyraper.

[ QUOTE ]
PS shouldn't it have been deadbabyrapist?

[/ QUOTE ]

nit.