PDA

View Full Version : Kabuki Japanese Restaurant

stankybank
04-12-2005, 07:32 PM
anybody been here before? I'm going there tonight to take advantage of their 1/2 off sushi. Couple of my friends say it's worth it. What do you guys recommend?

menu (http://www.kabukirestaurants.com/public/)

Thebram
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
When reading this subject, did anyone else momentarily think that Kabuki=Bukakee?

No?
Maybe it was just me.

Ok fine, guess it was just me.

stankybank
04-12-2005, 07:57 PM
yeah, I had the same feeling when I first heard of the restaurant.

btw, this is also a bump-comment. anyone? advice?

KJS
04-12-2005, 08:56 PM
No chain restaurant is better than a non-chain restaurant. Find a local sushi joint and go there.

KJS

offTopic
04-12-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No chain restaurant is better than a non-chain restaurant. Find a local sushi joint and go there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ulysses
04-12-2005, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF are you talking about? Did you even click on the link on the post? That web page clearly says Enjoy the "Best Sushi in Town!"

Check out the prices. That is one helluva deal for the best sushi in town.

Nottom
04-12-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No chain restaurant is better than a non-chain restaurant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to put some money on this?

einbert
04-12-2005, 11:38 PM
KABUKI JAPANESE RESTAURANT IS THE BEST!!!!

http://img57.echo.cx/img57/2287/birthdayparty3tn.jpg

ALL THESE CUTE ASIAN GIRLS TOLD ME SO!!!!

ps get umeshuu, it's an awesome plum wine

KJS
04-13-2005, 03:56 PM
It would be a hard one to decide. How would it work: you find a chain restaurant and I find a non-chain and we pick a neutral to try each and say which they like more?

I know you could find the best chain and compare it to some awful non-chain and claim a win because I said "No chain restaurant is better than a non-chain restaurant," but I hope you understand what I implied: that eating at good local restaurants is better than eating at chains.

KJS

touchfaith
04-13-2005, 04:01 PM
"1/2 off sushi"

Sounds (or more likely smells) a little fishy.

Sushi is one of the few things in life I always want to pay full price for.

OH! and the green stuff is not gaucamole! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nottom
04-16-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I know you could find the best chain and compare it to some awful non-chain and claim a win because I said "No chain restaurant is better than a non-chain restaurant,"

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

[ QUOTE ]
but I hope you understand what I implied: that eating at good local restaurants is better than eating at chains.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, true. I just wish I lived in a place that wasn't in love with chain restaurants. I'd love to go somewhere around here other than Outback or whereever to get a steak, but the fact is all the local places I've tried suck.