PDA

View Full Version : Standard Plays?

Ringo
04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi guys.. $1/$2 nl.

1) I raise from cutoff with AhQd. BB calls, and flop comes 10dJd2c. Pot is $22, and BB ($80) fires an $8 bet into me. Easy fold?

2) I raise from LP with AdKs. 4 callers, and flop comes J high rainbow. Checked round to me - I check.

Comments please? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

edge
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Hand 1 is definitely not a fold. Call or raise here. Any A, K, Q can give you the win here, and he may be just testing the waters. I raise here and check behind on the turn if I don't catch.

Hand 2 is fine. Against 4 others, just see the next card.

stankybank
04-12-2005, 07:39 PM
hand 1: yeah, I fold cuz Kd might not be good for you.

hand 2: is the flop something like J42 or J98? If it's not coordinated and it's rainbow, I'd fire a bet here. Might work especially if your opponents are weak-tight.

BobboFitos
04-12-2005, 07:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1 is definitely not a fold. Call or raise here. Any A, K, Q can give you the win here, and he may be just testing the waters. I raise here and check behind on the turn if I don't catch.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against a bigger stacked opponent this is good. Not so in this case - any raise will PC you with anywhere from 10 to 4 outs twice over. Most likely 7 or 4 then 10, imo.

he has 80 after pf call, (I guess you mean Sb called, as the pot is 22 on flop... or maybe rake was taken? you made a huge preflop raise I think. or like to 10 and sb called bb folded an no rake. i dunno) so calling 8 puts 38 in pot. If you still only make a half pot raise, thats 28 total. if villain calls that he's left with ~50. if he pushes that on you you're getting like 50:160 with 40%+ (if backdoor flush is good, too) to 13% equity. You probably have to call.

Id call, and vs that short of a stack assume that I have 10 outs. And obviously my hand would improve if i hit another diamond, too.he's betting 1/3rd pot so this is quite alright.

if i didn't improve and he bet i'd either call or fold depending on whether im getting priced in
if i do improve and he bets i'm just going to put it in
if i dont imrpve and he checks, if i picked up diamond also i'd probably just shove it in, otherwise im taking a card.

also, hand 2 is good.