PDA

View Full Version : Resizing Poker Windows : Poll

GuyOnTilt
04-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Hey guys,

Wondering, how much would you pay for the ability to resize your poker windows to whatever you wanted. Note I'm not asking how much you think it should cost, but rather what the maximum you personally would pay for such an ability. Thanks.

GoT

jrobb83
04-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Due to my investment in several high resolution computer monitors, I would pay $0 since I have already paid a lot of money to solve this problem. I suspect many others are in the same position.

Justin A
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
I voted ~100 because I have dual monitors already, but it would come in handy if I needed to play elsewhere on my laptop.

x2ski
04-12-2005, 08:34 PM
It would be nice, especially for laptop play as stated above.

However, I think there would be a problem with distortion of the card images to some degree as they got smaller.

Anyway, I chose $10 because so much can be had for so cheap on the Internet. I guess I've been spoiled rotten by Internet bargains.

GuyOnTilt
04-12-2005, 08:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

However, I think there would be a problem with distortion of the card images to some degree as they got smaller.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assume all tech problems like this would be fully taken care of and it would work very well, with everything maintaining correct proportions as the window resizes.

GoT

SmileyEH
04-12-2005, 08:50 PM
The ability to conviently 12 table on 2 monitors would make it worth well over $150 for me.

-SmileyEH

Harv72b
04-12-2005, 09:14 PM
There are likely to be two answers, as jrobb already hinted at. Those who have already plunked down the money for a 2 or 3 monitor system probably wouldn't be interested in paying anything for the ability to resize their game windows. But those who are just getting into the game, or who don't have the funds available to upgrade their video abilities, would likely be willing to pay some money to save the costs of a new monitor and/or video card.

If you're asking as part of a pre-marketing survey (dunno), I think you'd be wise to use the cost of programs such as PokerTracker as a base. I seriously doubt that anyone would be willing to pay more for a poker-specific resizing application than they would for PT. I'd imagine somewhere in the $10-30 range would be doable.

x2ski
04-12-2005, 10:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Assume all tech problems like this would be fully taken care of and it would work very well, with everything maintaining correct proportions as the window resizes.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be sweet, but it seems like a custom card (i.e. Ah) would have to be created for each sizeable option, which would be a lot of work, unless only 4 or 5 sizes are available. I was under the impression that you would be able to decrease the size using a sliding arrow as in Windows, but I think just a few options would be cool too.

Other than that, I'm pretty sure there would be distortion and/or creating such a program would be time-consuming graphic-designwise with quasi-infinite size options.

And still $10, unless other features/benefits were available (multiple table layout options/mods at the click of a button?)

Moyer
04-13-2005, 03:51 AM
I'm surprised at the number of $150 votes. Dell LCDs can now be bought for $400 or less w/ coupons.

It still depends on how well this would work. My laptop has 1680x1050 resolution and if I could play 9 tables on it w/ minimal overlap, I would also pay $150. It would be hard to make that happen though.

bicyclekick
04-13-2005, 03:56 AM
crypto windows are larger than normal and cause overlap on 1600x1200

Moyer
04-13-2005, 04:50 AM
I must be missing your point

chezlaw
04-13-2005, 05:44 AM
Any chance of this becoming a product? 1600 x 1200 gets tiring sometimes and I'd like to be able to play 2 tables per screen at lower resolution and with no overlap.

1024 x 768 is nice and easy on the eyes and plenty of room for 2 sensibly shaped tables.

chez

Michael Davis
04-13-2005, 06:59 AM
If this were good it would be worth well over $150, IMO. I might not pay it, but I should, even with multiple monitors.

-Michael

Schneids
04-13-2005, 07:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I must be missing your point

[/ QUOTE ]

There are some sites where you cannot fit 4 screens on a 1600x1200 resolution w/o any overlap. That's his point, and why some of us would pay good money for a product like this.

I know I certainly would.

mikeyKay
04-13-2005, 08:31 AM
instead of re-sizing, maybe make a universal poker table screen that can talk to other poker table screens. then give this universal screen the ability to re-size, which would get rid of the distortion problem. then add some features like PV built in to it, and i think you would have a pretty cool app. probably alot of work, and there would be a ton of little problems on the way to making it perfect...but if a few people worked on it, i think its possible.

-mike

flair1239
04-13-2005, 09:00 AM
I would pay $100 for this. The only reason I am thinking of buying a new setup would be so I can four table without overlap.

Right now I three table on my laptop with partial overlap.

If I could four table with no overlap I would have no reason to look into over set ups. Also I could continue to buy $800 laptops every 2.5 years, instead of more expensive systems.

Moyer
04-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Ok I get it. I was under the impression for some reason that this would only be for Party skins.

When I read BK's post I thought maybe he lost it and was just spewing out random facts. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

IndieMatty
04-13-2005, 02:21 PM
Agreed. Sometimes a man just wants to play one big screen of poker without changing his resolution. I'd pay 150 no problem.

x2ski
04-13-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
instead of re-sizing, maybe make a universal poker table screen that can talk to other poker table screens. then give this universal screen the ability to re-size, which would get rid of the distortion problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking about that too, but also consider the system resources that this would take up... you would have 4 or 6 or 8+ actual tables running, in addition to the "universal" tables, PT and PV.

I'm no computer whiz, but I notice my P4/HT 3.2 with 1Ghz RAM chugs as it is when all that stuff is going. I can't imagine what would happen with yet another program running 4+ more windows.

illunious
04-13-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking about that too, but also consider the system resources that this would take up..

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably less than an app that is constantly scaling window images.

illunious
04-13-2005, 04:36 PM
For anyone else curious... here's what a window could look like at 50% (16 tables per 1600x1200 monitor). Held up better than I thought it would.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v384/gllen/50perc.gif