PDA

View Full Version : Did i actually miss a river value bet(s)?

arkady
04-12-2005, 06:29 PM
This hand went down recently. The guy capping the flop is a moron, period. He has totally misplaced aggression, he calls down TOO much, he has no idea when to let go of any piece and will go bust again I am sure.

The rest of the table is not targeting him per se, but playing more or less ok. Not that it matters in this particular hand. Anyway, on the river I had an agonizing decision...but i told myself I did not want to get raised. Like at all. It is interesting to note that I was mostly the aggressor and could not gauge the strengths of their hands. I determined that I was probably NOT looking at overpairs...in which case what...?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP calls.

Turn: (14 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, MP calls.

River: (20 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 20 BB

mperich
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Yah this is a close one. Hard to put the decent MP on a hand here, since he raised UTG. Im not sure I probably check this but I think its very close to EV neutral, I think VERY slightly in favour of a bet, but Im just too much of a girl to do it.

-Mike

Mr. Graff
04-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Unless you know for a fact that both of these players will never check-raise I don't bet this river either. And you can't lay it down to a raise.

arkady
04-12-2005, 08:26 PM
oh i definitely do not know that, especially the loony toon. I am assuming its an easy c/r for them after all the aggression I have shown. But i am glad that ur also leaning for a check through.

MAxx
04-12-2005, 08:48 PM
that board is so nasty, i play same.

the alex
04-12-2005, 08:53 PM
I play it the same way. A lot of times, you're gonna get raised or get no calls and when you get called, you're gonna get called by a JJ and the J high straights while the Q high straights raise.