PDA

View Full Version : Bad raise or bad beat with 2 pair on the flop?

Fatdogs12
04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
I was recently in a game and here was the situation:

I had Q 9 in the pocket suited and in last position with 2 other people in the pot. The flop came down: Q 10 9 which gave me 2 pair. The guy in the first position folded but the guy in the second position bet out 200. Me and this guy were basically the same stack size at 800 chips. Now it the blinds were 15/30 at that point in the game. This player from what I saw would bet hard any pair on the flop so him having a hand like AQ was likely.

I figured that he could also be on a open ended straight draw but that was a bit less as likely. With a straight draw he would have 8 outs for an approx. 34% chance of getting his straight (maybe these numbers are wrong, not quite sure) .

So I figure either way it's unlikely I am beat at this point so I should kill his pot odds and reraise all in, either taking my chances against a straight draw or having him a big underdog with AQ.

So I rereaise all in. It turns out he has 10-J, he called hit a king and busted me. What do you think the right move or the wrong move was? What would you have done?