PDA

View Full Version : Did I play this hand right?

cgwahl
04-12-2005, 05:40 PM
PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (14.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (10.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (16.20 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 26.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
UTG has 4h 3h (flush, ten high).
Hero has Qh Ah (flush, ace high).
Outcome: Hero wins 26.20 BB. </font>

k000k
04-12-2005, 05:49 PM
Ya, no prob.. You're nuts not to call the flop getting 15:1 on your overcards+BD flush. Same thing on the turn, and well, the river plays itself. nice hand!

@bsolute_luck
04-12-2005, 05:55 PM
would it be wrong to 3-bet the flop? you have the nuts BDSD, nuts BDFD and overcards and everyone cold-called preflop or do we want people to stay with so many redraws?

k000k
04-12-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
would it be wrong to 3-bet the flop? you have the nuts BDSD, nuts BDFD and overcards and everyone cold-called preflop or do we want people to stay with so many redraws?

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean raise the flop? I wouldn't raise the flop, you're drawing! Calling is cheaper, and it doesn't face the whole field with 2 cold, so they'll probably stay in. Don't protect before you have a hand! If you flop the A/Q then you MUST raise to protect it and see where you stand..

bozlax
04-12-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't raise the [turn], you're drawing!

[/ QUOTE ]

Should Hero really bet-out on the turn, when he still doesn't have a made hand?

gvibes
04-12-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

6-way, with a ton of outs to the nuts (11?) and some questionable overcards, I think if he can get ~3 callers, it would be a thin value bet.

ArturiusX
04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the bet because everyones played passively, and he still has quite a few to act behind him. Good value bet, but should be used sparingly.

the_rookie
04-12-2005, 06:55 PM
I'd raise this flop. Face the field with two cold and make anyone think twice about calling with an underpair.

olavfo
04-12-2005, 07:02 PM
Beautiful hand ... brought tears to my eyes. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Were you certain you would get enough callers on the turn? Otherwise a bet here might not be strictly correct. You most likely don't have the best hand, and you will never get everyone to fold, so you need more than 4 callers to make it a bet for value (since the odds are 4.1 : 1 against making the flush on the river). Then again, you also have outs in the overcards .... hmmm.

What do the experts say about the turn bet? (I like it, but is it correct?)

olavfo

Roybert
04-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Nice hand. Nice pot, eh?

rafct
04-12-2005, 08:05 PM
I like the turn bet.
Since its a loose game and the pot is already big you can believe you are going to get at least 3 callers which would make this play ok.
If you hit a hand on the river, is hard for people to put you on that hand since you were betting the turn, so you can make some extra money on the river.

BriPlay
04-12-2005, 08:18 PM
looks good to me
i woulda thought bout raising the flop..but prob still called

brian

cgwahl
04-12-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Were you certain you would get enough callers on the turn? Otherwise a bet here might not be strictly correct. You most likely don't have the best hand, and you will never get everyone to fold, so you need more than 4 callers to make it a bet for value (since the odds are 4.1 : 1 against making the flush on the river). Then again, you also have outs in the overcards .... hmmm.

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole bunch of them were pretty much callers, but I was still surprised to see all of them called.

Was funny though, the guy with 3 4 suited, after he said nice hand couldn't believe I called. Took me a minute to figure out what he was talking (call the flop I guess) after seeing what he had, but I guess he was banking on his gutshot until the third heart fell.

bottomset
04-13-2005, 12:04 AM
you have 10outs to the nuts and 2more the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif that are worth somewhere around 1.5total

making your hand worth 11-11.5 or either 3-3.2/1 against .. so you need 3callers on the turn bet to be profitable seems reasonable

preflop and flop are good
river is easy

aK13
04-13-2005, 12:28 AM
Anyone else raise here on the flop to try to buy your overcard outs and knock some players out of this pot? 2 overs + backdoor straight/flush draws...

crumpentunt
04-13-2005, 02:10 AM
Personally, I raise this flop to try to get someone with a gutshot or a bare ace to be facing improper odds, and possibly fold cleaning up your overcard outs. I like the turn bet, I mean, they look incredibly passive and if they're all calling, it's a nice value bet.

Yobz
04-13-2005, 02:27 AM
I raise this flop...I don't want someone with Q6 or A6 or something staying in. I don't know about the turn bet, but, meh, with so many passive calling stations its a value bet.