PDA

View Full Version : Am I a calling station?

vanHelsing
04-12-2005, 05:00 PM
I have ~700 hands from SB, but mainly product of data mining.
He is 38/22 PF and probably as aggressive/tricky as the majority of the players at NL400.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($149.4)
MP ($263.02)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($422)</font>
<font color="#C00000">SB ($412)</font>
BB ($654.2)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB (poster) calls $18, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($44) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $42</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $84</font>, Hero calls $42.

Turn: ($212) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $125</font>, Hero calls $125.

River: ($462) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB calls $183 (All-In), Hero calls $183.

Final Pot: $828

What do you think? Reasonable, questionable, suicidal?

THATWACOKID
04-12-2005, 05:07 PM
To me it looks like an over pair. If it were me (btw, I suck so don't take this too seriously) I would call the c-r on the flop then fold on the turn.

WACO

TrailofTears
04-12-2005, 05:10 PM
You are a calling station. Are you putting him on a bluff? Small (read: tiny) PP? Draw? If you think your hand is best here, push the turn. You have fold equity against a variety of hands here, and calling him down is only profitable if you think he would do this with a complete bluff, which seems unlikely, as he doesn't have enough left on the river to fold you. At some point here, it's raise or fold time, IMO. All comments/critiques welcome.

-Trail

zaxx19
04-12-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You are a calling station.

[/ QUOTE ]

And the type I curse when you call down my 2 overs....BAHHHH /images/graemlins/grin.gif

vanHelsing
04-13-2005, 01:50 PM
Something was wrong with this Flop CR.
I mean, what is he representing?
AA,KK he would have repopped almost always PF.
QQ usually as well.
JJ, (TT) is a likely candidate.
99 unlikely way to play it.
lower pair is possible.
TP is possible.
any kind of draw: possible, but I would expect the raise to be higher - he wants to win it right there.
bluff: possible. I was in a stealing pos. and he must have seen me raising from there before, bc I do it all the time. And in continuation, I keep pounding on a checked or weak betted Flop, no matter what. But usually I give it up immediately if CRed or called when bluffing. So this could mean he is on a resteel.

Turn blanked. What does he put me on so far? Overpair? FD? Just overs? What ever, I am not likely to hold a monsta. I am probably capable of folding whatever I hold to a decent bet.
He fires.
I still think I am far ahead too often to fold this one.
So the main question for me was to just call the bet intending to call the river no matter what or push right there, probably scaring away bluffs and weak draws.
Any further input for the turn play?