PDA

View Full Version : Small blind play

Newt_Buggs
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
I think I might be misplaying my small blind. In the later rounds when it folds around to you in the small blind its usually push or fold, but what about in the earlier rounds? I used to play heads up matches before SnGs and its almost always bad to fold your small blind (button), but i'm guessing this doesn't still apply to SnGs. What sort of hands do you complete with when it folds to you in the SB, and do you ever steal in the earlier rounds or just wait?

johnny005
04-12-2005, 04:55 PM
This is my aproach to small blind play. I'm not saying it is the right approach just what i have found to work for me.
I play very tight if its folded around to me, I like to show the player to my left that I'm going to fold alot in this situation... Later on when the blinds are higher I will steal alot more often.. I think folding those small blinds early will give me some extra fold equity later on in the tourney.
If the hand is multi-way I'll complete with a few more hands than i would in late position since im getting in cheap

Newt_Buggs
04-12-2005, 09:24 PM
thats a good idea to fold in the earlier stages to develop fold equity later when the blinds get bigger. Thats interesting though that you tend to complete more when others have limped than when its folded to you. I usually do the opposite, and am more likely to complete when its folded to me since i'm already halfway in against some random hand, opposed to the people behind that are probably limping strong hands.