PDA

View Full Version : Who in the world folds this?

Huhmare
04-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Ultimate Bet 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

UTG showed had a queen no flush. So I just said: "nice fold dumbass". Then he and SB started berating me and saying how good fold it was and how obvious flush SB had. I just said: "naah. forget it. nice fold"

JrJordan
04-12-2005, 04:52 PM
So explain to me why you're checkraising the turn with the ignorant end of a four straight board? Any Q is beating you now, as well as any higher heart could take your flush draw away leaving you with a 2 outer for the S.F. If you want to show it down, just check/call to the end.

Huhmare
04-12-2005, 05:07 PM
This ain't the point. I don't need any advice about my play with this hand.

naphand
04-13-2005, 12:33 PM
You might want to consider turning off your chat feature though.

krishanleong
04-13-2005, 12:36 PM
It's good to be openminded. I'm sure you understand you played this hand badly. I often post a hand looking for advice on a particular street just to find I made a glaring error on an earlier street.

Krishan

Soul Rebel
04-13-2005, 01:03 PM
So let me make sure I've got this right. You just found out for free that UTG can be pushed out of a big pot, with a strong hand, for one bet on the river after a scare card hit, and the first thing you do is berate him? I'm more inclined to simply put a note on him instead, and congratulate him on his "big laydown."

PassiveCaller
04-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Great Attitude.

Grisgra
04-13-2005, 01:50 PM
On UB you can show as you muck? What kind of retard takes advantage of that feature?

Silverback
04-13-2005, 01:51 PM
His point is who folds a straight in the face of a flush with only 2 players left at the river?

I certainly would not fold this,

Ive seen players play like the SB and have trips, or even 2 pair, sure they want you to fold thinking they got the flush.

If it was such a good river fold, why did UTG not fold to the 3 bet on the turn? Which also would have been crazy, but if he thinks hes beaten, what difference does the extra 4h make, still a calldown for me.

Obviously he berated the player, buy hey thats online poker, some players can hold there thoughts in, others cant.
Obviously better if you can, but livens up game either way in my opinion.

Soul Rebel
04-13-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Obviously he berated the player, buy hey thats online poker, some players can hold there thoughts in, others cant.
Obviously better if you can, but livens up game either way in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Berating players is never good for anyone.

Silverback
04-13-2005, 02:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Berating players is never good for anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plenty of berating in the forum though, is that deemed ok?
Off topic so dont answer, but its also a fact, i normally ignore it whenever i see it.

Jeff W
04-13-2005, 02:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Plenty of berating in the forum though, is that deemed ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

"He who spareth the rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him correcteth him betimes" (Proverbs 13:24)