PDA

View Full Version : final table.. Lay down KK?

other1
04-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Last night, Party $50 MTT. About 350 started.

Got to the final table. With 6 left I was one of the smaller stacks (with the chipleader being hugely ahead of all of us). Anyway, I am on the sb and get dealt KK. Great, right? Well, my spirits sunk a bit when someone went all in ahead of me. When it got to me I seriously considered laying it down because I was sure that he had an A and was afraid he'd pair it and knock me out. Ultimately I made the call, and sure enough he showed AK and promply flopped an A.

I finished 6th, which I was very happy about on the one hand. It's my first real final table in an online MTT. But I can't help but wonder if I should have gone with my first gut and laid it down.. Am I nuts to even consider laying down KK?

mts
04-12-2005, 04:19 PM
if the blinds were 1c/2c and he went allin for 80 million dollars then i might fold KK. Assuming i cover him of course.

schwza
04-12-2005, 04:20 PM
bad beat story said what?

other1
04-12-2005, 04:22 PM
I didn't mean this to come across as a bad beat story/complaint at all. I'm kind of glad thats the way you see it though, because it confirms to me that I'm being crazy thinking I should have laid it down.

transmitt
04-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Good job on the final table. I wonder what monsters are hiding under your bed to just know you were going to get sucked out on. I think its a must call.

Scooterdoo
04-12-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I nuts to even consider laying down KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you're nuts. Great work getting to the final table!

nsj
04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Three-outers happen.
Folding KK to a single all-in with six left is stupid. I think folding QQ or JJ, barring a great read, is stupid as well.

Hauser_III
04-12-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I nuts to even consider laying down KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'd lay it down in a second, too. But I'd also lay down AA, fearing the all-in has the other two A's and might suck out a flush....

It's an insta-call. You're not getting to the top 3 without chips, and you're just not too likely to get a better opportunity to double up.

sdplayerb
04-12-2005, 05:56 PM
yep.
you were a 2-1 favorite as a small stack. what more do you really want?
you can't be so afraid going bust.

Mad Genius1
04-12-2005, 06:40 PM
A fold here would not only be wrong but insanely stupid. How is the decision even remotely close? I'd be jumping for joy when someone pushes their AK into my KK at the final table.

yoadrians
04-12-2005, 07:16 PM
You say you're short-stacked at the final table (congrats, btw, on making it that far) and you have KK, and some one pushes at you, and you aren't jumping for joy?

Call - and be cocky about it, too ... click the mouse with your LEFT hand when you do it ... kind of like Jordan shooting a free-throw with his eyes closed /images/graemlins/smile.gif

In all seriousness, this is a must-call. And if you bust, at least you know you got all your chips in the middle pre-flop with the best hand. That always helps me sleep better after busting late.

CardSharpCook
04-12-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A fold here would not only be wrong but insanely stupid. How is the decision even remotely close? I'd be jumping for joy when someone pushes their AK into my KK at the final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

So... you were hoping to steal the blinds with your KK? I don't get it.... If you need a hand like KK to steal the blinds.... I really don't get this thread at all. Maybe it is just me and the Mad Genius, but I'm loving it when someone goes AI in front of me and I hold QQ or better.... whatever. There is nothing I can say here, is there.

CSC

Iconoclastic
04-12-2005, 08:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last night, Party $50 MTT. About 350 started.

Got to the final table. With 6 left I was one of the smaller stacks (with the chipleader being hugely ahead of all of us). Anyway, I am on the sb and get dealt KK. Great, right? Well, my spirits sunk a bit when someone went all in ahead of me. When it got to me I seriously considered laying it down because I was sure that he had an A and was afraid he'd pair it and knock me out. Ultimately I made the call, and sure enough he showed AK and promply flopped an A.

I finished 6th, which I was very happy about on the one hand. It's my first real final table in an online MTT. But I can't help but wonder if I should have gone with my first gut and laid it down.. Am I nuts to even consider laying down KK?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only if you're playing a Satellite.

other1
04-12-2005, 09:22 PM
Thanks everyone for your comments and for the congrats on reaching the final table.

Let me put this to bed - It's clear to me now that I absolutely did the right thing. I guess my second guessing was just do to the fact that I was paranoid of getting bad beated, and then it happened. It was still the right move and 70% of the time I'd have doubled up and knocked someone out. Stuff happens.

Thanks all.