PDA

View Full Version : .50/1.00 Hand--Did I miss a bet?

GuruCane
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Never posted a hand here before but here goes. SB is a TAG whom I respect, MP in a donkey on his last 2 BB and the button is a guy that I have been suspicious of (showing down some questionable starters, etc.). My question is whether you would bet this river. It seems that the button was playing suited cards and missed the river in retrospect--I just got spooked. Also, if there is a problem on other streets, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Absolute Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls $0.05 (All-In), Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (19.10 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls $0.50 (All-In), <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (13.05 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 2 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (19.05 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players, 2 all-in)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 19.05 BB

@bsolute_luck
04-12-2005, 04:05 PM
here's my shot at it:

raise the turn again. SB checks and calls 2? he might have AA, but i think he'd keep betting if he did especially with a 2-suited board.

bet the river too. that 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif is a blank.

Shillx
04-12-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
here's my shot at it:

raise the turn again. SB checks and calls 2? he might have AA, but i think he'd keep betting if he did especially with a 2-suited board.

bet the river too. that 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif is a blank.

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy calls 4 bets preflop, 2 bets on the flop and now he wakes up and raises the turn. You don't think he can beat one pair? I sure do....

Brad

KaiShin
04-12-2005, 04:07 PM
I think you played this well.

GuruCane
04-12-2005, 04:14 PM
I was indeed spooked by the set and went into call down mode. Had the TAG done the raising, I might have run for the hills. I was calling it down based on my read of the button.

jba
04-12-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm really not sure what you're worried about here.

3-bet the turn. If it's capped, call down. If it's called, bet the river.

SB looks like maybe AK (notice he's been passive since the flop). button looks like a fish. You definitely should have bet the river.

MrWookie47
04-12-2005, 04:53 PM
There is a lot of slowplaying that goes down at these lower limits, and I fall for it too often. Button calling two on the flop my be idiocy, it may be a flush draw, but once he raises a turn blank, it looks a lot like a slowplayed set or straight. I still want to show this down, but calling the turn, and check/calling the river gets me there cheaply.

string4
04-12-2005, 05:00 PM
*haven't read other responses*

I think you played this well. I would put the SB on a high pocket pair, likely AA-JJ since he capped preflop and is going to see the SD for sure after calling 2 bets on the turn. Don't think a bet would make him fold anyway. The button would be likely to raise my river bet I would guess based upon how he played the turn, and if he indeed made his straight no sense losing another bet, and you're not going to know for sure if he's bluffing a blown straight/flush draw or not until the SD. I agree w/ the check on the river (only a n00b here tho) and with streets.

GuruCane
04-12-2005, 05:05 PM
I thought about this and, in retrospect (after playing many hands with the button), your line is correct. I put the SB in call down mode with QQ-JJ. He showed JJ. I had no idea what the fish had as he didn't show, buy I can assure you that A10-AQ was a real possibility (ie raising with overs). I missed a bet at least, but, as the responses indicate, there may not be a clear cut answer here (depends on the reads as well as your personality/style).