PDA

View Full Version : Trips vs river All-in bet

Deeporange
04-12-2005, 03:55 PM
Stars .05/1 game

Villian is very loose-passive/calling station. He has seen showdown 63% of the times he has seen a flop.

Hero is in BB with [ 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif ]
Villian calls, LP 1 calls, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets 2, LP 1 folds Villian calls, SB folds

Turn: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Hero bets 6, Villian calls 6

River: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Hero bets 10, Villian goes all-in for 33.50. Hero folds.

Given the range of hands villian plays, I could put him on either a straight or flush. Good/bad laydown? All criticism welcome. Thx.

TrailofTears
04-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Easy fold, IMO, especially since villain is usually passive, but has decided to wake up on you when the flush and the straight hit the board. Fold for sure.

-Trail

jpg7n16
04-12-2005, 05:02 PM
You probably should have bet more on the flop and less on the river.

When you know your hand is best (the flop) that;s when you should be charging them the most to see any draw they want to have. Bet more than $2.

On the river however, you have probably already put the guy on a straight of flush draw. Then he gets the cards that make either one of them, so you bet $10 more? I would only bet if that was the 7 of spades. Any other spade, I check/fold, because passive calling-station dummy across the table from made just made his draw. Congratulate him for his good luck and hope he tries to draw again next time you flop trips. Get your money back /images/graemlins/smile.gif