PDA

View Full Version : Wifi In Airplanes...

xadrez
04-12-2005, 03:30 PM
FYI for anyone whos going to Europe anytime soon...I just saw an advertisment announcing WIFI access on Lufthansa flights...

Alobar
04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FYI for anyone whos going to Europe anytime soon...I just saw an ad advertising WIFI access on Lufthansa flights...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats pretty cool. Now if only they made it safe for me to use my cellphone....

InchoateHand
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
FYI for anyone whos going to Europe anytime soon...I just saw an ad advertising WIFI access on Lufthansa flights...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was a "just in case" measure. They've determined it's not hazardous and are working on repealing the law.

xadrez
04-12-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

thats pretty cool. if only I wasnt completely plastered on liquor and xanax during the flight ....

[/ QUOTE ]

edited

Boris
04-12-2005, 03:57 PM
flight? what flight? I don't remember any flight.

Alobar
04-12-2005, 04:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, that was a "just in case" measure. They've determined it's not hazardous and are working on repealing the law.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actualyl wish they wouldn't. Airplanes are annoying enough as it is,the last thing I want to do is sit through a flight having to listen to 50 people yammer on their phone about dumb [censored]

"oh nothing, im just in an airplane..."

UGH

InchoateHand
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I actualyl wish they wouldn't. Airplanes are annoying enough as it is,the last thing I want to do is sit through a flight having to listen to 50 people yammer on their phone about dumb [censored]

UGH

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't really thought about it, but yea. It could be really really annoying, but I don't know if they'll even work in flight. Anyone? Plane's move too fast for the relays to change over smoothly? Too high?

astroglide
04-12-2005, 04:11 PM
i'm going to need to fly in storage with the pets if mobile phones get allowed on flights

InchoateHand
04-12-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm going to need to fly in storage with the pets if mobile phones get allowed on flights

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget your gun to hunt cats down there.

Alobar
04-12-2005, 04:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

UGH

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't really thought about it, but yea. It could be really really annoying, but I don't know if they'll even work in flight. Anyone? Plane's move too fast for the relays to change over smoothly? Too high?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suspect they work just fine...Look at all the calls that were recieved from passengers on 9/11

InchoateHand
04-12-2005, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I suspect they work just fine...Look at all the calls that were recieved from passengers on 9/11

[/ QUOTE ]

But was the plane at full altitude and how long were those calls?

Alobar
04-12-2005, 04:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But was the plane at full altitude and how long were those calls?

[/ QUOTE ]

No Idea....if it doesnt work great then it will be even worse

"what?? what? can you hear me now? how about now? hello? are you still there?" *hangs up and redials* "Hey, can you ehar me now? ok good, yeah I'm on air plane, hello? Can you hear me now? ok sorry, what? hello?"

I suspect a sharp rise in hate crimes if they do allow phones, heh.

wonderwes
04-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Have you seen the Virgin Airways flights to Europe with the reclining sleeping chair? Now that is truely amazing. chair (http://www.flatseats.com/Reviews/flat-bed-biz.htm). If I had to fly to europe, and I was finacially well off, this would be a must have. Oh god, how I hate regular coach airplane chairs.

Plus, mostly now all airlines have wifi on a few of their planes.

Patrick del Poker Grande
04-12-2005, 08:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A guy brought his pug right on the plane with him on my flight last night and, to my knowledge, nobody said a word about it.

InchoateHand
04-13-2005, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A guy brought his pug right on the plane with him on my flight last night and, to my knowledge, nobody said a word about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were afraid it was really just a horribly ugly baby.