PDA

View Full Version : Rosetta Stone

beta1607
04-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Has anyone used the Rosetta Stone program to learn a foriegn language? Any opinions on it? I took Italian in college and would like to relearn it, I would also like to learn Arabic but I want some reassuance before I shell out a few hundred dollars.

Alobar
04-12-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone used the Rosetta Stone program to learn a foriegn language? Any opinions on it? I took Italian in college and would like to relearn it, I would also like to learn Arabic but I want some reassuance before I shell out a few hundred dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

curious...what is this program of which you speak?

and eff anyone who comes in here with some stupid "use google" post. The OP obviously knows what it is, so Ill get a relevant link or explanation from him, a billion times faster than I will if I google

Jack of Arcades
04-12-2005, 03:33 PM
If it'll be faster for someone to tell you, then you should learn how to use google.

kenberman
04-12-2005, 03:38 PM
I tried to learn Ancient Greek from the actual Rosetta Stone, but the security guard threw me out /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

InchoateHand
04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried to learn Ancient Greek from the actual Rosetta Stone, but the security guard threw me out /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I tried to bone a chick on it...with the same result.

beta1607
04-12-2005, 03:42 PM
It is a computer program to help you learn a language. According to the guy at the store, each level is equivelent to two years of college language classes but I am not sure how true that is. Click here for more info (http://www.rosettastone.com/home)

Alobar
04-12-2005, 04:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it'll be faster for someone to tell you, then you should learn how to use google.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, change faster to "much less work"

Alobar
04-12-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It is a computer program to help you learn a language. According to the guy at the store, each level is equivelent to two years of college language classes but I am not sure how true that is. Click here for more info (http://www.rosettastone.com/home)

[/ QUOTE ]

thanks

Duke
04-12-2005, 04:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you already know demotic, or hieroglyphic?

~D