PDA

View Full Version : Poker in Reno

Xman
10-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Any help on the poker games in reno please help

M2d
10-30-2002, 02:29 PM
So this weekend, I have the option of driving a half an hour to a spot in the Bay where they are catching salmon off the banks or an hour and change to fish for trout.
The Salmon fishing will be combat style, elbow to elbow fishing with spinning tackle, but a catch would result in major mother in law points. The average size of the fish they're catching there is between eight and fifteen pounds, but there's no guarantee of catching anything if I go. Perhaps a 1 in five shot.

The trout fishing would be of the long rod variety (a plus), although it would be below the surface fishing. minor mother in law points would be scored if I bring home the bacon (or fish, as it may be). The average size of fish in this stream ar 12-15 inches, and an average day on this water sees at least three fish caught (and usually a limit).

Either way, this is a meat hunting expedition, as the trout are planters, and the in-laws have been laughing at me (led by the wife), because I "released my fish" the past few times I've been out. Sometimes, when you marry a chinese girl with traditional parents, you just gotta forget C&R and bring home the fish.

So, what's the bigger EV play here?

M2d
10-30-2002, 02:30 PM
thought I started a new thread, but I didn't. sorry.

M2d
10-30-2002, 02:33 PM
I haven't been there in a year, but there really isn't much going on. a few small games around town at Circus Circus, El Dorado, and the Hilton. Peppermill usually has a mid limit game going on, but it's usually squeeky tight. El Dorado used to have a baby no-limit game, but I'm not sure it it still goes. It might get better during tournaments, but I've never been then to confirm.