PDA

View Full Version : More NCAA Hypocrisy

Clarkmeister
04-12-2005, 03:07 PM
We can add yet another regular season game, but an extra playoff game is bad for the kids somehow. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-council&prov=ap&type=lgns)

tpir90036
04-12-2005, 03:17 PM
What a freaking joke. I don't understand why someone can't come up with a viable one game playoff scenario that still lets the greedy ADs rake in the mountains of cash they are so terrified of losing.

Soul Daddy
04-12-2005, 03:21 PM
They dig their own graves. College football becomes less relevant to the rest of the sporting landscape with each passing year.

Drac
04-12-2005, 03:26 PM
What's stupid is that DIII schools play a full playoff schedule and most of those kids really are students. The clowns in DI hardly do any real class work in season so why can't they manage a playoff system. Bunch o crapola.

Clarkmeister
04-12-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They dig their own graves. College football becomes less relevant to the rest of the sporting landscape with each passing year.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really agree with this. CFB used to be in my top 3 of favorite sports and now I basically don't watch it at all because it's all such a joke. Funny how an attempt to keep the regular season relevant has, as proven last year, made it completely irrelevant.

bugstud
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's stupid is that DIII schools play a full playoff schedule and most of those kids really are students. The clowns in DI hardly do any real class work in season so why can't they manage a playoff system. Bunch o crapola.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct

Drac
04-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Yep, I hardly watch at all anymore. I root for massive controversy every year so everyone figures out what a bunch of ass clowns they are.

wAzZu24
04-12-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really agree with this. CFB used to be in my top 3 of favorite sports and now I basically don't watch it at all because it's all such a joke. Funny how an attempt to keep the regular season relevant has, as proven last year, made it completely irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally i agree with something you post on sports.

ArchAngel71857
04-12-2005, 03:39 PM
Loc: Idaho Falls & Moscow(UI)

Go Vandals! Michael Harrington will lead the way!

-AA

Soul Daddy
04-12-2005, 03:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with your sentiments. I can only imagine the jolt in popularity that CFB would receive if they implemented a playoff.

It has never been about keeping the regular season relevant. That may be their line, but that has never been their goal. If it were, then the conference championship games would not exist.

i wanna be me
04-12-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

very well put guys

"spaceman"Bryce
04-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Alright, you guys just aren't real college football fans.A playoff system would be TERRIBLE .The solution is to eliminate the National championship game and revert to no playoffs. Because of the absence of playoffs, every regular season game is a playoff. Every game matters. That is why the rivalries are so intense. That is what makes college football better than the NFL. /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Clarkmeister
04-12-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Every game matters.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell that to Auburn or Utah.

PhatTBoll
04-12-2005, 08:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alright, you guys just aren't real college football fans.A playoff system would be TERRIBLE .The solution is to eliminate the National championship game and revert to no playoffs. Because of the absence of playoffs, every regular season game is a playoff. Every game matters. That is why the rivalries are so intense. That is what makes college football better than the NFL. /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure the ACC and Big 10 have some ok basketball rivalries. The fact that Duke still has a shot at winning the title after they lose to UNC doesn't seem to make the game mean any less to their fans.

jstnrgrs
04-12-2005, 09:00 PM
Tell me, when was Auburn played off last year? How about Utah? This idea that the CFB regular season is a playoff is just wrong.

I personally would like a system in which there would be a playoff, but the number of teams involved would be flexable. (Last year there would have been five teams, some years, there might be only one.) But this will never happed. That being the case, I think a more standard playoff would be much better than what they have now.

wonderwes
04-12-2005, 10:02 PM
Auburn got totally hosed last year. What a joke.

Thank god the AP dropped out of the BCS.

The BCS goal is about one thing.

http://i.cnn.net/cnn/2003/US/Midwest/12/09/offbeat.dollar.bills.ap/story.100.dollar.jpg

Crveballin
04-13-2005, 02:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Division IAA have a playoff system and get by just fine. Not too mention my alma mater James Madison University won it this year.

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 02:16 AM
Auburn didnt get hosed.Nor did Utah.They made tons of money .If there wasnt a national champion game, there would be less complaining.I guess its a matter of opinion(as always)but who cares if Duke loses to VA tech in the reg season. They are still going to be in the playoffs.If you lose that game in football(assuming Duke had a good football team) it would ruin their whole season.That is why every college game is a playoff.

thatpfunk
04-13-2005, 02:41 AM
March madness dominates the Bowl Season.

The idea of college football playoffs makes me salivate...

I hate the ncaa

"spaceman"Bryce
04-13-2005, 02:45 AM
Well college football playoffs are inevitable, anyway. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

blatz
04-13-2005, 04:35 AM
Whew, when I read the title of this thread, i thought the NCAA granted Jason White a 7th year of eligibility.

No matter what the TV execs and number crunchers try to do to kill the game, college football will always be the best sport to see live.

Tron
04-13-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
college football will always be the best sport to see live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe it.