PDA

View Full Version : Help me playing trash 43o

Roy6
04-12-2005, 01:18 PM
Button tends to be a maniac, I c/r the flop to get it HU. CO calls 2 cold that scares me. I don't think my made hand is enough at the turn, and I don't have odds to draw to my straight that has no implied odds at all.

Should I muck this preflop? Flop/turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP folds, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero folds, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

Surfbullet
04-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Since button tends to be a maniac, I like the flop raise - getting it HU gives you a good shot at winning this pot.

however, there ARE 5 ppl in the hand, and your reverse implied adds are not good, so checkfolding the flop is probably not a mistake.

Definitely fold the turn as now all your outs are tainted, and it's very unlikely you are ahead given the flop action. If for some reason you believe yourself ahead still, then bet (fold to a raise) instead of check/call.

Surf