PDA

View Full Version : To fold or not to fold that is the question...

MickeyT
04-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Take a look at the hand below from a multi-table stud game. Did I make a good fold?

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (100/200), Ante 15, Bring-In 25 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

Seat 1: (2978)
Seat 2: (2804)
Seat 3: (1691)
Seat 4: (723)
Seat 5: (717)
Seat 6: (1451)
Hero: (1690)
Seat 8: (3270)

3rd Street

Seat 1: xx xx 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif___brings-in___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx K/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 8/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls___folds
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls

4th Street

Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___folds
Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls

5th Street

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif___bets___calls
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises

6th Street

Hero: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___bets

RandomUser
04-12-2005, 02:10 PM
I'd have folded in that situation unless I'd seen the big stack Villian pull off bluffs or semi-bluffs in similar situations.

About the only time you have a decent shot was if he was semibluffraising a straight draw on 5th.

I'd expect Villian to have

1) J9 - Behind but have chance to draw out
2) Jx of hearts - Behind with smaller chance to win.
3) 99 - Behind, but decent chance to draw out
4) 9x of clubs - Semibluff raise on 5th. This is your best case scenario and about the only time you are ahead.
5) TT - Drawing dead
6) J8 - Drawing dead
7) AA - Drawing to 1 out

In a cash game, I'd give some thought to calling, but in a tourney with the blinds that big I'd have folded and waited for a better spot.

PoorLawyer
04-12-2005, 02:15 PM
Well I think there is over 1,400 in the pot on 6th. His raise on 5th seems odd unless he was playing something like J8J. If thats the case then you are dead. There is a dead 8 already so that should cast some doubt on that holding. He could also have been raising a 4 flush trying to get a free card. A straight doesnt seem likely unless he would play 9QJ for a completion??
I think you might be pot committed for only 200 more into 1400 to try and catch the case K or 2 pair. I would fold the bare Ks on the river I think though.