PDA

View Full Version : Party Upgrade and 6 max

fyodor
04-12-2005, 01:05 PM
If anyone hasn't noticed yet Party's latest upgrade renumbers the 6 max seats to 1,2,3,4,5,6 instead of the 1,3,5,6,8,10 or whatever it used to be.

This will affect your PlayerView setup which can be rectified by going into Layout Manager and redoing it for 6 max. You will not be able to get it to work properly if you play 6 max and 10 player tables at the same time. Pick one or the other. Hopefully PlayerView will come up with a patch for this soon.

More important your PokerTraker is now messed up. Pat already has a patch up. If you have played any hands today without the patch you will have to purge and reimport as per his instructions which are available in the patch thread.

TylerD
04-12-2005, 01:10 PM
I'm lazy...anyone got any layouts saved that I can download?

InfernoLL
04-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I was about to import some hands for today.

tallstack
04-12-2005, 01:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pat already has a patch up.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is some kind of product support! I played last night to about 4:30am eastern and the Party changes had not yet occurred. Then I wake up 6 hours later finding Party has made a change and Pat already has a fix for it. Amazing!

Dave

stigmata
04-12-2005, 01:45 PM
I got a crappy layout that I did in 2 minutes..... If someone can host it for me I can email it over.

Also, if you go to the PV config manager and save your existing layout, you can have 2 layouts and switch between them for now. It still means you can play only full or 6-max at one time though.

goodguy_1
04-12-2005, 02:15 PM
how do you create a decent 6MAX layout?I'd like to do my own..
What do you do just move all the Stat Labels for the seats you dont want into a corner on top of each other, save the new 6MAX.pvl by exporting it to PV folder???? Don't forget to save your Full Table Layout before re-doing it for 6MAX for a backup so you have 2 .pvl's one for Full and one for 6MAX in your PV folder.

stigmata
04-12-2005, 02:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
how do you create a decent 6MAX layout?I'd like to do my own..
What do you do just move all the Stat Labels for the seats you dont want into a corner on top of each other??

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. These numbers won't show anyway, so it doesn't matter where you put them. If you observe a 6-max table while working on it, you can get a nice one done pretty quick....

Trix
04-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Thanks.

goodguy_1
04-12-2005, 03:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If anyone hasn't noticed yet Party's latest upgrade renumbers the 6 max seats to 1,2,3,4,5,6 instead of the 1,3,5,6,8,10 or whatever it used to be

[/ QUOTE ] this is exactly the numbering ..
here is a quick PV fix
1.Save your Full PV layout as Fulllayout.pvl by going up to the file menu and exporting it and naming the file-it will save this layout in PV folder.
2.Create a new 6MAX layout by doing the following:Using your Full table Layout take all the stat labels for Player Numbers-P7,P8,P9 and P10 and move them off the table in a corner-just pile them on top of each other by dragging them w/ your mouse.
3.Then do the following :P1 stats stay the same,move all P2 stats from your Full Table layout to seat#3,move all P3 stats to seat#5,move P4 stats to seat#6,move P5 stats to seat#8,move P6 stats to seat#10.Now be sure to save your new 6MAX layout by saving the .pvl file into your PV folder.This is done by going up to File/Export Settings and Renaming the new layout-6MAX.

best option until a patch is out..which I'm sure will be anytime now!!

Roy6
04-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Is there a way to fix PT without upgrading to 2.06.02?
What's the problem if I use the old version? PT won't know who's BB/SB?

fyodor
04-12-2005, 04:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The upgrade will take about 5 minutes. I would suggest you do it.

If not, yes your blinds will be all messed up in the Position Stats Tab. You will end up with more than 6 positions at a 6 max table.

Evan
04-12-2005, 05:28 PM
It looks like no one has hosted this file yet. If you email it to me, I will. My email address is in my profile.

Guy McSucker
04-12-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too, but before you do:

make sure you've already imported any hand histories from before the Party upgrade

because Pat's fix for the old, weirdly-numbered histories has been removed from the patched version, so old histories now get messed up.

I just had lots of fun with a text editor trying to fix this up for my own hands.

Guy.

B00T
04-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Patch is up on the Playerview site for 6max just to let everyone know.

JRichman
04-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks to Pat and Amir for reacting to this so quickly.

I wish we got the same customer service from Party...

bottomset
04-12-2005, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If not, yes your blinds will be all messed up in the Position Stats Tab. You will end up with more than 6 positions at a 6 max table.

[/ QUOTE ]

well that explains the 25hands i played 4OTB, and another 15 5OTB

Revid
04-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Does anyone want to share there PV Layout yet? If so please upload it here http://ul2.rapidshare.de/ and then post the link to the file.

Thanks