PDA

View Full Version : another AA early post

CheckFold
04-12-2005, 12:20 PM
First hand of the tournament. I get dealt black aces in EMP. UTG limps, folded to me I raise to 100, CO calls, all else fold to limper who calls. Flop is K /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me and a I push. Is this too much? I figure I have a great chance of getting called by a K, I want to put a ton of pressure on draws, it's a 325 chip pot and I'm basically going to pot commit myself with my next bet anyway and there's no way I'm folding. Nevertheless, it felt a little overaggressive.

rickr
04-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Say cut-off has the King your wanting to call. If he calls your all-in, and ep player has the draw, he may even call, because he is getting close to the correct odds. If they have nothing, $1 bet drops them. If they caught anything, all-in may not drive them out. Early with draws out there, at almost any level, I like the push. The guys that call a raise early preflop are the same ones who will go all-in on a draw or middle pair thinking your bluffing. If they hit, oh well. You've got no time invested, so fire up another one. If they both call and your hand holds, starting a SNG with a triple up is pretty darn nice.
My opinion. Others WILL /images/graemlins/crazy.gif correct me if they disagree.

Later,
Rick

tjh
04-12-2005, 12:33 PM
Hard to make a mistake here.

I assume they all folded.

My advice would be pot sized bet on the flop?

Anyone else ?
With no feel for the table it is hard to say.

All in bets frequently get called.

Not a bad play.

A little fast perhaps. But that is better than a little slow.

Bigger bet preflop maybe.

willie
04-12-2005, 12:37 PM
pretty draw heavy board, i still think i only bet 275 on the flop and push anything on the turn.

-sorry, anything non king. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

CheckFold
04-12-2005, 12:55 PM
so how would you play the rest of the hand if a K or heart drops on the turn? Invest half your stack then check and fold to any bet? Not to say this can't be done, but the thought of giving up to a heart draw when the king hits or a king when the heart hits is enough to make me call anyway. That's why I went with the push. Not to mention Q,J, and 9 are also ugly cards.

In the hand, UTG actually had KTo and busted me.