PDA

View Full Version : SNG site reviews, Ultimate Bet

tjh
04-12-2005, 12:13 PM
I just returned to my favorite SNG site, Ultimate Bet, after a round of Bonus whoring at Empire, America's Cardroom, and a stint at Pokerstars.

It is good to be back.

UB's SNG structure is so much slower compared to the others.
1500 chips.
A slow progression of levels.
SNG's regularly take 120 hands or more.

I have read posts where other 2+2 folks thought that this slow pace increases the chance of a beginner making mistakes. This may be true but it allows the fish to make many more errors than the beginning professional SNG player. Plus with the deep stacks small blinds I can actually reraise a pot without being pot committed. So much more time to recover from bad outcomes.

I recommend UB as an alternative to Party if you are having trouble with the speed and intensity of Party's blinds.

My question is this.
How many hands in your average Party SNG ?
How many for PokerStars ?
2 table SNG data ?
Any other sites as slow as UB ?

Thanks

--
tjh

RoyalLance
04-12-2005, 12:48 PM
I played my first SNG at Party last night and I won it in under sixty-five hand! There was only one guy besides me who played a respectably good game. When I was playing at UB There were many good players. If you do get hurt by being outdrawn in a $5 buy-in chances are you WON'T make a comeback.

As for the Party SNG format 800 chips and the blinds go up every 10 hands, at least in the $5 buy-in. When I played at Party I threw most of my rags and just opened with my high cards. If I like what the board gives me I continue. If I don't I kick it in on the flop. All you really need to is play fundimentally better poker than the fish and you should be fine as long you don't get outdrawn.

syphlix
04-12-2005, 12:56 PM
120 hand sng sounds like it takes wayyyy too long to complete...

even though the party structure favours faster tourneys and thus a little more luck, i think the better players still have the upper hand over time... and the fact that they take half the time to complete really helps w/ the bottom line...

burningyen
04-12-2005, 03:51 PM
I was one of the complainers (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2016017 &Forum=All_Forums&Words=UB&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&M ain=2016017&Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=12488&d aterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=&olderty pe=&bodyprev=#Post2016017) . I've been doing better as far as ROI since the change, but worse in terms of $/hr. Any sites have the deep stacks of UB but with slightly faster blind progression?

pokerlaw
04-12-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any sites have the deep stacks of UB but with slightly faster blind progression?

[/ QUOTE ]

you can play the turbo's on UB or on Pokerstars. not totally sure about the UB ones, but the Stars turbos take about 40-50 minutes - by 40 minutes blinds are 200-400 w 50 chip antes..down to 3 almost always by the time that level moves up to 300-600 50 ante at minute 45.

I assume UB's are similar, but would like to know - as I have some bonus cash lurking in a stale account there.

Baked67
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Pokerroom.com has 1500 chips to start and blinds progress every ten hands. Perfect in my opinion.

burningyen
04-12-2005, 10:12 PM
On UB you start with 1500, the levels go up every 10 minutes and the BBs go 20, 30, 40, 60, 100, 150, 200, 300, 400.

yoadrians
04-12-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pokerroom.com has 1500 chips to start and blinds progress every ten hands. Perfect in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

But, see, then you'd have to play at Pokerroom.com.

MisterBlonde
04-12-2005, 10:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But, see, then you'd have to play at Pokerroom.com.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's wrong with playing there?
I think it's a fine site with lots of fish.