PDA

View Full Version : Straight on the turn, Board pairs the river

orange
04-12-2005, 12:09 PM
.10/.25 NL Home Game (6 handed),stacks are all about $20-25. Me and villian are about even. He is a LAG, showing down 910o, Kxs, etc. The game is loose and passive, and oftentimes crazy.

I am in the CO, Villain is in the BB. 3 limpers to me, I limp with 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif10 /images/graemlins/club.gif, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks. All 6 in the hand.

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
f
3 checks to me, I bet 1$. The BB calls, everyone else folds.

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

He checks, I bet $4, he calls.

River: J /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks,I bet $8, he raises all-in. I ??

PinkSteel
04-12-2005, 12:41 PM
I call and expect him to show AJ or similar. If he has the house so be it, he slowplayed his two pair/set nicely to the river. But I think his line was more like calling you down with TPGK until the end; you have him.

orange
04-12-2005, 01:33 PM
That's exactly what I put him on in the hand. I thought he would make the move with a J, maybe even worse.

Was my line ok? I figured that fast playing was the best way to play it. Would check/raising the turn to my aggressive oppoenent have been bettter?

lil_o
04-12-2005, 02:26 PM
I think I would call in this spot and expect to see KJ or AJ. If he is silly enough to slowplay a set in that spot then I would probably pay him off...but he will pay me off the other 9 out of 10 times when the board doesn't pair.

MarkL444
04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
the all in isnt that much more. call.

TrailofTears
04-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Call and expect to win here a vast majority of the time. As other posters have said, AJ or KJ or maybe TJ could pull this move as well. If it is a slowplayed set that filled up, or a RR QJ, then you pay him off and make a note of his passive play up until the river.

-Trail

orange
04-12-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks for the responses. Villian showed J 6 for the rivered boat. I was actually thinking of folding, but decided against it and called. I guess I'll get him next time.

Also, one more question: How would you play this hand if it were a tourney? would you play the same way, with the risk of being bounced out?

TrailofTears
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I apologize for not seeing the BB special opportunity here. It is still terribly played since he let the straight get there, but it does open up his range of possible holdings that would beat you. Again, I missed that villain was BB. My bad. And I am not saying this makes it an auto-fold, but it makes it closer for sure.

-Trail