PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a backup Internet connection?

1C5
04-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I am dreading the day when I am in the bubble at 4 SnGs and my Internet crashes. What do you use for a backup? It could save me some money I am thinking....

J-Lo
04-12-2005, 11:11 AM
if u have cable/dsl--- they usually offer dialup for backup purposes... i use my verizon wireless phone for back up internet-- just uses minutes...

If you go to schoool @ a uni, but live elsewhere they usually offer u dialup--- might be long distance if u live in a different area code...

Blarg
04-12-2005, 12:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am dreading the day when I am in the bubble at 4 SnGs and my Internet crashes. What do you use for a backup? It could save me some money I am thinking....

[/ QUOTE ]

Happens to me all the time.

I finally got my broadband kit in the mail and will have DSL for the first time. But I'm keeping my dial-up account for emergencies. An online poker pro friend of mine has cable plus dial-up too, and I think he's even getting DSL too, because he's more than willing to pay the money it takes to keep what has now become his business going. Not a bad idea, business-wise.

EdgePort
04-12-2005, 03:55 PM
This is exactly what a friend who works from home does. He has both a cable modem and a DSL connection to his house. It would have to be a major outage for them both to go down, and if that was the case it is unlikely he could do anything anyway.

He does also have backup dial-up included with his DSL. For the extra $45 a month, it sounds like a very good idea.