PDA

View Full Version : Closing and reopening accounts

dfscott
04-12-2005, 10:28 AM
In reviewing my rakeback situation, I did an inventory and discovered that I have accounts at 8 different poker sites (I did a lot of bonus whoring early on). Unfortunately, when I opened them, I didn't truly understand the rakeback concept, therefore only one of them has rakeback (and a pretty small 20% at that). I only ever play on Empire (rarkeback) and PS (for 2+2 games and HUSH practice), so as suggested in some other threads, I'm considering closing the unused accounts and opening new accounts with rakeback.

However, I have a few questions for anyone that might've done this before:

1) Is this even worth worrying about? Should I just be happy with my 20% RB and keep rocking? My only concern is that if I ever want to do more than 4-table, I won't be getting RB on the additional tables.

2) How do you go about closing your account -- from the other threads I read it looks like you can just send them an e-mail saying "close my account because I don't like your site" or something. Are there any red flags to worry about?

3) When you go to reopen after a "cooling off" period (what, about 3-4 weeks?), can you reopen with all the same personal info (email, Netteller id, etc.) or do you need to use a different one?

1C5
04-12-2005, 10:32 AM
Good question. I was dumb about this also. Although I was lucky I have a 25% at Empire and a 20% at Party but the other 4 skins I have nothing. Later down the road I can see myself 8-12 tabling so I forsure want to set up 3 accounts with 25%+ rakeback if possible. Let me know what you find out.

Maulik
04-12-2005, 10:33 AM
good question, I too don't have any rakeback. I was thining about getting a post office box or having mail sent to a friends house and having new stuff: New Address (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=2129125 &Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&M ain=2128871&Search=true&where=&Name=25057&daterang e=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyp rev=#Post2129125)

syphlix
04-12-2005, 10:49 AM
i've got the exact same question and was about to post about it today also... pretty much the same situation... have 20% at party since i'm raking myself back... but would like higher.. and dont have any at any other sites though... do you even have any referral to a good dependable rakeback?

Scuba Chuck
04-12-2005, 10:54 AM
David, I will give you the "legal" way to do this correct.

Close all your accounts, except at PokerStars (no need to ever close this account, as I doubt they ever offer rakeback) and Empire. Do this immediately. Find a new rakeback provider through Eurobet. Close Empire and setup account at Eurobet. You cannot have accounts at both locations, but, from what I've seen, they don't have the restrictions like Empire and Party. Wait 6 months to reopen accounts with Empire or Party to re-establish rakeback (preferably with Party).

AleoMagus told me that you probably only need to wait 3 months, as this is what he's done. I've also read this on the forum of my affiliates site.

PM me for more info.

dfscott
04-12-2005, 11:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
David, I will give you the "legal" way to do this correct.

Close all your accounts, except at PokerStars (no need to ever close this account, as I doubt they ever offer rakeback) and Empire. Do this immediately. Find a new rakeback provider through Eurobet. Close Empire and setup account at Eurobet. You cannot have accounts at both locations, but, from what I've seen, they don't have the restrictions like Empire and Party. Wait 6 months to reopen accounts with Empire or Party to re-establish rakeback (preferably with Party).

AleoMagus told me that you probably only need to wait 3 months, as this is what he's done. I've also read this on the forum of my affiliates site.

PM me for more info.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, Eurobet was one of the skins I bonus-whored sans rakeback. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Scuba Chuck
04-12-2005, 11:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, Eurobet was one of the skins I bonus-whored sans rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the top right corner of the website is an ad for frequent flopper. Go there, and try to add a program. Don't go through with it, but during the process, they will give you the party and party skin restrictions.

I can't remember if you have to not have a party account within the last 6 months, or not have had a party account and an Empire account within the last 6 months. My work has that site firewalled somehow, so can't help. Damn SEC.

davehwm
04-12-2005, 12:04 PM
I figure this is a good spot to ask this question, without starting a seperate thread and getting bombarded with affiliate PMs. I'm rather uninformed as far as rakeback goes but some of these sites in the Classified Ads seem so damned shady. If one of you more reliable people on the board could PM me and let me know of some of the more trustworthy affiliates, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I only play the $11's now, soon moving up to the $22's but don't forsee myself moving past that until next fall (I have a busy summer). Do most of these affiliates have a restriction on how much needs to be played a month? Thanks guys, I'm clueless.

P.S. - I don't have an account with Empire or Eurobet.

AA suited
04-12-2005, 01:10 PM
who said u cant have empire and euro at same time???

you can have an acct on ALL party skins.

as to how to do it nowadays, you need a clean computer w/o any party skins to sigh up again.

but i dont know what timeframe to re-open an acct at the same site

dfscott
04-12-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who said u cant have empire and euro at same time???

you can have an acct on ALL party skins.

as to how to do it nowadays, you need a clean computer w/o any party skins to sigh up again.

but i dont know what timeframe to re-open an acct at the same site

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't saying you can't -- I have accounts on almost all the skins. The problem is that I don't have rakeback on most of those accounts.

dfscott
04-12-2005, 02:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately, Eurobet was one of the skins I bonus-whored sans rakeback.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the top right corner of the website is an ad for frequent flopper. Go there, and try to add a program. Don't go through with it, but during the process, they will give you the party and party skin restrictions.

I can't remember if you have to not have a party account within the last 6 months, or not have had a party account and an Empire account within the last 6 months. My work has that site firewalled somehow, so can't help. Damn SEC.

[/ QUOTE ]

For anyone else that's interested, you can't have had a Party account (or Empire account) for the past 3 months to sign up again with Party.

I don't know if that's the case for all the party skins or not...

MSUcougar
04-12-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figure this is a good spot to ask this question, without starting a seperate thread and getting bombarded with affiliate PMs. I'm rather uninformed as far as rakeback goes but some of these sites in the Classified Ads seem so damned shady. If one of you more reliable people on the board could PM me and let me know of some of the more trustworthy affiliates, I'd appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd like a PM as well if someone's willing to help... I'd be most interested in rakeback on an Empire account...

zheka
04-12-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

For anyone else that's interested, you can't have had a Party account (or Empire account) for the past 3 months to sign up again with Party.

I don't know if that's the case for all the party skins or not...

[/ QUOTE ]
Can You reopen after 3 month with same personal info?
If anybody can help please PM me.

Scuba Chuck
04-12-2005, 04:09 PM
RU MSUCougar on party as well?

MSUcougar
04-12-2005, 04:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
RU MSUCougar on party as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
yes I am on Party right now

AA suited
04-12-2005, 04:28 PM
sorry df.. was replying to scuba's post about not having both empire and eurobet acct.

hm.. 3months huh?

the site that offers frequest flopper points seems to be best w/27.5% rakeback at party. that beats my 22%. (dont think i can name the organization here.)

wonder if it's worth the trouble since I only use my party acct when i 6table? (2 tables at party, 4 at other skin.)

ferb
04-12-2005, 04:30 PM
how do you close you account anyway.

GtrHtr
04-12-2005, 04:48 PM
27.5% cash rakeback at party or points? I have yet to find one other than points and have held off opening a PP account for this reason.

AA suited
04-12-2005, 10:31 PM
same difference?

you redeem points for cash at the same rate