PDA

View Full Version : $10+1: TT with 3 rags on the flop facing a raise

spentrent
04-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 (t934)
MP2 (t338)
CO (t1140)
Button (t1845)
SB (t285)
BB (t818)
Hero (t635)
UTG+1 (t2005)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t30, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t30, SB checks.

Flop: (t150) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t80</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t160</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero ???

I'm thinking that villain will make this play with a 7 or two overs often enough to make at least a call correct.

Lately I've been pushing all-in back at villain because I expect a call if he's got the 7 at this buy-in.

Thoughts?

1C5
04-12-2005, 10:24 AM
I reraise him back here, twice the size of his bet at least. If he pushes I call and if he has 3 of a kind or JJ+ I start a new SnG. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

EverettKings
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
I'd reraise to 300-350 ish (like the other guy suggested). Yes, that's half your stack and pot commits you (so you'd call an allin reraise), but a better hand is calling a push, and a hand like K7 might release to an all in but get sucked in by this reraise, and then call your push on the turn (it's a 10+1 after all, they don't think ahead).

Only a set is beating you here. I'll pay of anything that two pairs that board all day (you have redraws anyhow). I wouldn't be shocked to see 55, 88, A7, K7, or A4 here.

Good luck

-Kings

spentrent
04-12-2005, 12:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd reraise to 300-350 ish (like the other guy suggested). Yes, that's half your stack and pot commits you (so you'd call an allin reraise), but a better hand is calling a push, and a hand like K7 might release to an all in but get sucked in by this reraise, and then call your push on the turn (it's a 10+1 after all, they don't think ahead).

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I like it.

[ QUOTE ]
Only a set is beating you here. I'll pay of anything that two pairs that board all day (you have redraws anyhow). I wouldn't be shocked to see 55, 88, A7, K7, or A4 here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welllll villain's range includes 22-AA also. I can see a player playing any of those hands the same way pre-flop.

I'm worried that I'm being overzealous in my belief that a 7 or overs are as likely to call as I think they are.

EverettKings
04-12-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Welllll villain's range includes 22-AA also. I can see a player playing any of those hands the same way pre-flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
True, but only some of that range has you killed, and it's still pretty rare to see JJ-AA go unraised (you almost never see JJ/QQ limp preflop). There are many more hands that you have smoked here.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm worried that I'm being overzealous in my belief that a 7 or overs are as likely to call as I think they are.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's why I advocated the double-reraise. People feel cowardly backing down to a reraise unless it's huge, so if he has a 7 or overs I think the chances that you get called on a 320 reraise are very high.

-Kings