PDA

View Full Version : PreFlop Pocket AA on the bubble

greatmage
04-12-2005, 09:45 AM
I was on the bubble in a 20 person Tourney with AA I raised something Like 3-4x Big Blind which was 1/3 or half my stack. I was 5th out of the 7 remaining players. I figured this was enough of a bet that I could take down the blinds but not too much that some with a decent hand couldnt call.

What I am wondering is should I just call to get more bets? I usually play it to just get the blinds and not worry about the big score. I try to let the other guy make the mistake.

lorinda
04-12-2005, 09:46 AM
It depends slightly on the limits, but at low limits you are playing correctly. They'll suddenly crack up and call anything, or you may run into Kyro.

Lori

Scuba Chuck
04-12-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
or you may run into Kyro.

[/ QUOTE ]

And laugh all the way to the bank

Scuba
who's laughing this AM.

Amplexus
04-12-2005, 09:56 AM
I am no expert, but to me, you are placing the correct bet. By raising the bet 3x the large blind, you are forcing out players with marginal hands which, in turn, reduces the chance that someone will catch a set or two pair with a marginal hand. Several times I have played A-A before the flop slowly and more times than not, I have lost letting marginal hands enter into the draw and beat me in the end. I think what you are doing is a great strategy; especially when you see that other Ace or two come out in the middle. :-)

-Amplexus