PDA

View Full Version : Crazy $20 SNGS

glb
04-12-2005, 09:17 AM
I have been playing one and two table $20 sit and go's at full tilt, and I am having trouble finishing them off. I keep raising hands such as queens, only to have to have someone push me with Ax, and then they hit their A. I know that I want this action, but it always happens just out of the money. It seems that the players are overly aggressive or stupid, as i see KTo all in vs. A8o type hands all the time been shown down early in the tournament.

I am about 50% in the money, and I rarely go out showing down the loser, unless I run into a monster when I am on a steal.

I realize that i want to play with these bad players, but these games do not fit my style. I play extremely tight for the first couple of rounds, and the bad players end up with a ton of chips. When i try to double through them later, it rarely works.

Are the $50 sit and go's a little less crazy? Should I learn to beat the $20 sngs, before trying the $50 sngs? Has anyone else had this problem?

kyro
04-12-2005, 09:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I am about 50% in the money,

[/ QUOTE ]

And you're complaining???

[ QUOTE ]

Are the $50 sit and go's a little less crazy? Should I learn to beat the $20 sngs, before trying the $50 sngs? Has anyone else had this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's when you should move up to the $50s.

1) You have the bankroll.
2) You are confident in your abilities to beat players there.

Moving up for any other reason (including the one you suggested) is plain stupid and a good way to lose your money.

Blarg
04-12-2005, 11:20 AM
From the position of my considerable lack of experience and expertise, but ability to follow simple logic, I would have to agree.

To the original poster -- yeah, it sucks when that happens. That's just variance. And variance is, well, just poker.

Sure sucks when you're in the middle of it though. Last night, I played five in a row and got bounced out each time with excellent hands, out of the money. This was after a lot of that earlier in the day too, but mixed in with at least a little more in the moneys. Then I got in the money three times in a row and called it a night so I could go out on an upbeat note for the day.

If you are usually losing with what starts out as the best hand, and you're getting your chips in there when you have it, it becomes a coin flip from there on out and you still need plenty of luck to win. Sometimes you're just going to get beat up a good bit and have to take your lumps.