PDA

View Full Version : PP UPDATE...ME LIKEY!

Degen
04-12-2005, 07:45 AM
New PP seat selection timer rocks my socks off!

Anybody notice anything else new and exciting or not so w/ the update?

Degen

ZebraAss
04-12-2005, 07:46 AM
private table NL games

Apathy
04-12-2005, 08:07 AM
very nice, it always pissed me off when I clicked on a seat and someone else beat me to the check box. Especially when opening a few tables at once.

The prvt NL tables means TONS of HU gurdge matches.

IMO an important skill of any high limit SNG pro needs to be HU NLHE cash games, now more then ever. After you suck out on some donk and he calls you out, he is certaintly on tilt. No way to better take advantage of that.

ZebraAss
04-12-2005, 08:09 AM
A-men.

Jman28
04-12-2005, 08:13 AM
The new check box timer works on empire too, but there seem to be no pvt NL games over there yet. Any reason why they can't do it?

AmnesiaLab
04-12-2005, 08:25 AM
It's been hilarious watching people get seated since the update... they click a chair, see that it's suddenly taken (by them, but they don't notice that), and get back up to find another. They just go flashing around from seat to seat until they finally figure out they aren't getting beaten to the seat at all.

I've been watching it all morning, and it's still funny. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Patriarch
04-12-2005, 08:42 AM
So they finally dragged themselves up to the seat-reserving level of almost every other poker site. At last.

lorinda
04-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Thanks for that laugh, it really is really funny /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Lori

hummusx
04-12-2005, 08:53 AM
Argh finally! I was just about to send them a long rant asking why the hell they hadn't implemented something like that yet.

Degen
04-12-2005, 08:58 AM
Anybody else think they should add a chop option?

You could propose it, along w/ proposed %'s, to the other guy. He could say 'no' 'yes' "propose alternate chop' or 'no and block offers'

I really don't see why this would be a bad thing for them. They still get their rake and the players get to move on to another game.

Degen

theredpill5
04-12-2005, 09:26 AM
oh my god, that is funny. They are doing that. I thought 24 hrs later that they wouldn't be doing it anymore but they are. That is hilarious.

spentrent
04-12-2005, 09:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else think they should add a chop option?

You could propose it, along w/ proposed %'s, to the other guy. He could say 'no' 'yes' "propose alternate chop' or 'no and block offers'

I really don't see why this would be a bad thing for them. They still get their rake and the players get to move on to another game.

Degen

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a great idea. I've only been proposed a chop once (in a $20+2 STT) -- and even though I'd NEVER accept it -- it wouldn't be a bad idea.

It's like insurance in a cash game. I'll lay terrible odds if someone's dumb enough to take 'em; likewise I can see myself proposing a 50/50 chop if I've got 25% of the chips heads up. Ya never know... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Degen
04-12-2005, 09:53 AM
when you're heads up in a 33..and the blinds are 300-600...and you've blind stole back and forth a zillion times...it might as well be a coin-flip to see who wins. This happens probably 20% of the time I'm HU...so in this case, i'd be very satisfied with a 50-50 chop.

Degen

spentrent
04-12-2005, 10:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
when you're heads up in a 33..and the blinds are 300-600...and you've blind stole back and forth a zillion times...it might as well be a coin-flip to see who wins. This happens probably 20% of the time I'm HU...so in this case, i'd be very satisfied with a 50-50 chop.

Degen

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes sense. I see your point.

Does the fact that you point out the buy-in make a difference? I mean, would you be less likely to do this at a lower level if you think the typical player won't keep flipping the coin when it's his turn?

Degen
04-12-2005, 10:06 AM
No, i'd be less likely to do it at a higher level, where the chip stacks are larger relative to the size of the blind.

Degen

citanul
04-12-2005, 10:07 AM
the point is that you're supposed to know enough to have an advantage, if there is one to be had, in these situations.

citanul

Chaos81
04-12-2005, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
private table NL games

[/ QUOTE ]How the [censored] do you get those started? I tried to start one and it said they weren't avaliable. Yet I see people have them. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

1C5
04-12-2005, 10:39 AM
Options, create private table. Easy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chaos81
04-12-2005, 10:42 AM
I did that, and that's when it says, private tables unavailable.

RollaJ
04-12-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's been hilarious watching people get seated since the update... they click a chair, see that it's suddenly taken (by them, but they don't notice that), and get back up to find another. They just go flashing around from seat to seat until they finally figure out they aren't getting beaten to the seat at all.

I've been watching it all morning, and it's still funny. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats awesome, I saw that too this morning...... didnt make the connection though. I was wondering why people kept sitting down-leaving-switching seats.

As for a chop, you have to be nuts. The only reason I play is because most players are so bad when it gets down to 4 left, most are too passive, but then make dumb calls post flop

1C5
04-12-2005, 11:30 AM
I don't know then as it works for me. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chaos81
04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know then as it works for me. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Hmm /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif Oh well, guess I'll have to live without them.

revots33
04-12-2005, 11:46 AM
Does Party offer private limit or SNG tables also?