PDA

View Full Version : QQ vs paired board

MrEngenic
04-12-2005, 05:28 AM
I had no reads on this player. The table was very loose but they folded to most of my raises. I raised from EP with AK and saw it folded all the way several times.
Would you consider folding the turn here? I suspected that he was on a flush draw, trips or a full house.
Fold if the flush gets there on the river?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

InFeRn0
04-12-2005, 05:29 AM
this is actually a good flop for you raise every street

aK13
04-12-2005, 05:57 AM
Raise turn and river. The only card you're behind is a 8 and a set/fullhouse. If he 3bets you, then slow down and check/call the way down. What are you afraid of on the turn that changed from the flop? If he's on a flush draw, raise the crap out of the blank and make him pay (assuming thats your read.)

MrEngenic
04-12-2005, 06:07 AM
He bets into me on the turn after being raised preflop and on the flop. That's what I'm scared of.

adsman
04-12-2005, 06:09 AM
OK, villian pulled the stop and go on the turn, but the vast majority of players at this level do not bet out trips on the flop from the SB. They nearly always slowplay this. I think that he's got a 7, and the 3 on the turn caused him to get cocky. Raise the turn. If you get reraised then you can slow down, but this is a very good flop for pocket queens. I play this fast. Fold if the flush gets there on the river? Not without good reads.

olavfo
04-12-2005, 06:25 AM
A likely scenario is that Villain does not consider the possibility that you have an overpair. Betting into the preflop raiser with a paired board can be effective when you have a small pair (perhaps 7's or a small PP). He could have put you on overcards and decided to make you pay to draw to them, so I would not automatically fear trips or better here.

I would raise the turn and call down from there if Villain reraises. If he calls, but bets the river I'll just call. If he checks the river, I'll bet and call a raise. Does that sound like a reasonable line?

olavfo

_bustedflush_
04-12-2005, 07:29 AM
I would call down after the stop-and-go just like you did. No way I fold on this board.

martinimagic
04-12-2005, 08:02 AM
I think you need to raise the turn and call down if reraised. If he calls your turn raise I would raise him again on the river. He may have trips, but you have to push him. You will be surprised how often you win these situations.

@bsolute_luck
04-12-2005, 08:24 AM
interesting hand. i don't play the higher limits, but...

i have to agree with a previous post that if he had trips, most players seem to a)slowplay or b)c/r. the bet back into you on the turn is probably because the 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif is a blank, so he probably paired his 7.

if it had been a face card of some kind, he'd have check/folded probably. his bet on the river is because of lack of aggression from your end. he thinks his hand is good.

bookie socks
04-12-2005, 08:44 AM
I would suspect he was trying to push you off the hand or he does have a set. But if he has a set and suspects you have an Ax or big pair and will call all his bets to the river he would get more money in the pot rather than slow playing. If he bets and calls your raise then bets after the turn I would hink he has a set. I would have tossed it after the river card came up for sure.

jba
04-12-2005, 09:33 AM
you have to call down here. I might raise the turn. I probably don't even fold for a river diamond.

PokerProdigy
04-12-2005, 09:52 AM
I think you gotta call this one down. Nice play.

Dave G.
04-12-2005, 11:17 AM
Raise the turn yo. Who knows what he's doing here? Whatever it is, most of the time you'll have him beaten. If he 3-bets the turn, call down from there.

Do not fold the turn. Ever. Do not fold to a river /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Ever.

MrEngenic
04-12-2005, 12:03 PM
Results:

He had pocket 7's for a full house.

BriPlay
04-12-2005, 09:12 PM
id probably play it the same way since he didnt cap flop
Brian

numeri
04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
[grunching]

This is tough against an unknown because we pay so much in a relatively small pot against an unknown. I tend to call down here for information, because I see an aggressive player betting a flush draw and then desparately bluffing the river often enough.

Against a known passive player, I think we can safely release the turn, but I have to call down here against an unknown. Heck, that may even be weak - I imagine someone at least wrote to raise the turn again. I suppose that would be OK if we could fold to a 3-bet or another stop-n-go on the river.

OK, now to see how wrong I am. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif