PDA

View Full Version : How would you ply this ITM hand ?

tjh
04-12-2005, 01:51 AM
I had made the money in this two table SNG $11 buyin.

The Villain is what I would call a straightforward player. I rarely noticed him because he played few hands. He was not too aggressive about stealing my blinds. When he did raise into my blinds it was rare enought that I tended to put him on a hand.

Did he seem capable of a check-raise bluff ?? Maybe. He seemed to NOT be an idiot. The usual mode of this table had been HUGE overbets. So the fact that I did not go all-in may have seemed like weakness to him. I dunno a pot size-plus bet seems good to me.

Advice, opinions, flames ?

Thanks..
tjh

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t5045)
Button (t7100)
SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ (t4155)
Hero (t3700)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB :#A500AF(Villain)/ completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t800) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Villain checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t1100</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Villain raises to t2200</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t4100

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Villain wins t4100. </font>

Poolgod32
04-12-2005, 02:02 AM
Hmm
Tough one imho. I think its reasonable to fold here though. You made a pretty big bet on the flop so it didnt make a whole lot of sense for him to come over the top without a hand. I would have put him on KQ given the circumstance since he limped in out of position preflop.
I mean the double raise seems like he wanted you to call. Holiding a Queen or maybe even a Jack seems logical in this case.
However, he was also reasonable to think you might have missed the flop (you did limp in) and with two high cards on the board you had to be scared of his reraise. I mean he contributed a significant portion of his stack to the reraise. Thats a really risky play if all he had was Ace high. Even a seven in your hand is winning
I think you made a good fold
Hope you raised him the next time your were in the BB no matter what you had if he limped in

tjh
04-12-2005, 02:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think you made a good fold
Hope you raised him the next time your were in the BB no matter what you had if he limped in

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that standard ITM play on the BB. If he limps you raise ??

That is not in my bag of tricks. I will try it.

thanks for the advice.

tjh

Poolgod32
04-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Well at least you have position on him if its heads up and you have represented strength before the flop. If the flop comes ragged you can bet out to represent a big pair. If it comes with big cards u have a tough decision to make whether to try and win the pot right there. Think about it and see how it will fit into your game

tjh
04-12-2005, 03:15 AM
Either my table was soft or the strategy of..

BB and it is folded to SB, SB limps I raise, he folds has been
a 5/5 success.

I just started playing SNG's back at my ole favorite Ultimate bet and the stealin is easy. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Thanks for the tip

johnnybeef
04-12-2005, 03:38 AM
i like check call down depending on bet size. in other words, forfeit the betting impedus /images/graemlins/cool.gif