PDA

View Full Version : A7s in the SB - Marginal call?

Somekid
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
Villian is a solid player but will pay off decently if I make my hand. Was calling on the flop the right move? How was the rest of the hand?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: (7 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Surfbullet
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
Villain description is UTG? Or the preflop raiser?

Anyway, I think the pf call is marginal...if it would be more multiway I would like it but at 1/2 I think a raise after a limper there means you are in trouble a little too often to call from the SB.

Peeling one off on the flop is okay IMO as you only have the (so far very passive) BB left to act behind you and you are getting 13:1 to try to hit top pair, or 2 backdoor draws. However, I don't think you can be that confident of your Ace when you do hit it..

Given the limp-3bet pf I would prefer to call the turn and bet the river, as you are either dominated or against a lone king or some weird bluff that isn't going to pay a raise, or a PP, and you don't want to give any of the weak ones a free showdown, but also don't want to risk being 3-bet by a superior hand.

Surf