PDA

View Full Version : Series

06-05-2002, 03:12 AM
Emergency business trip took me away from posting and (GADS!) away from betting as I didn't get in another series bet on the Canes at those outrageous prices I saw on Friday night. What did they close at before tonight's game?

As for the other series, call me a sucker but I will lay the Lakers at 8-1 until the sun sets. I have no idea what the reasoning for the low line is. This isn't just a mismatch, its a joke. I think the Nets are a slight favorite...to win one game! Jason Kidd, bless his heart, is a great player but he played 3 poor defenders so far. Further with Shaq and Horry, the Lakers aren't going to let him get that many cheap rebounds. Van Horn and Martin aren't going to have much impact with either with Horry and Fox keeping them down. I just don't see anything the Nets could do to win here other than shoot the lights out and catch the Lakers on an off night. Lakers with Shaq and no Kobe are -1500 to win this series in my mind, as long as the big man stays healthy this series has little chance of going back to LA for a game 6. Lakers match up way too well with this team and even if they play terribly would still find a way to win this series. Laying 8-1 isn't a bad idea and I can guarantee there will be quite a few pros betting this one on the Lakers. If laying a big number isn't your cup of tea, bet on the sweep and get 3-1. I just don't see any way the Nets can make this one competitive.

06-05-2002, 10:54 AM
I agree, I do not see the Nets winning one game in this series and think betting the Lakers to sweep is the way to go.--Big Al--

06-05-2002, 09:04 PM
I agree that the Lakers are prohibitive favorites and will win the series but I do think the Nets have a shot in Game 1.

Same reasoning Big Al gave for the hockey game last night. Coming off a tough physical and mental series, how do the Lakers get up for game 1. Getting 8 and 7-2 on the game is worth a wager to me. Don't forget last year when the same was being said about Philly. They were double digit dogs in game 1 and won outright.

06-05-2002, 09:11 PM
This game is probably their best shot to win, but I still think 3-1 for a sweep is a good price. If the Lakers get a couple wins the Nets will fold up the tent. The experience of the Lakers will keep them from coming out too flat. Simple Laker betting theory though is bet them on the road, against them at home. Only applies to the points though.