PDA

View Full Version : JTo, biiiig pot. Weeeeeeird bets.

Surfbullet
04-11-2005, 11:22 PM
SB and BB are both ~50/~15, and decently aggressive postflop, betting draws, made hands of all forms, sometimes nothing, and generally being donks. They're great! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

What are the thoughts on the flop(I was taking a free card on the turn if I could), and on calling down, considering almost every draw hits the turn..

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (13.50 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

J.R.
04-11-2005, 11:32 PM
sb's flop call cap screams a pair of J's is no good after the flush draw came in on the turn. I like the flop play and think you have to call the turn as sb is an aggro and could have a set or 2 pair (giving you 8 outs and sometimes a flush redraw as well, depending on the BB's hand, and perhaps a J if sb has a small 2 pair) often enough.

Surfbullet
04-11-2005, 11:54 PM
How about the river? Initially I thought it was an autocall cause the pot is so damn big, and I was pretty confident I was beat already on the turn...but i just couldn't get myself to fold in such a big pot, despite the worry of an overcall beating me.

Surf

J.R.
04-12-2005, 12:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
sb's flop call cap screams a pair of J's is no good after the flush draw came in on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

you're calling the turn solely because of the possibility a J, 8 or flush card might be good. But I don't think you should raise the river if you improve; betting if sb checks.

althoguh I'd be sick if sb has something like 98 or 78, but that seems pretty rare and the overcard flush turn card didn't stop him..althoguh now I re-read the overaggro donky drawers read stuff and maybe reconsider and pay this one off.