PDA

View Full Version : Hero raises and folds... preflop

Roy6
04-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I'm UTG it's a preety aggressive 1/2 game. I raise UTG with ATo (should I muck it if there are so many aggressive players?), comes back capped and I fold. Is this OK?
I can be easily dominated and probably won't get free cards to draw for a straight. I think I'd have called if it weren't offsuit.
Any metagame considerations? Should I leave this table as I'm now labeled as ultra tightie and weak?

djoyce003
04-11-2005, 08:59 PM
If its a super agressive game, no you shouldn't fold...you could easily have the best hand, or at least one that is drawing live. Depending on your opponents, I wouldn't be surprised to see the reraiser have KQ and someone with 88 or 99 capping it. Play carefully if you flop an ace and call down...don't get too out of line, but if you are calling 2 to win 10, so that's 5-1 and you don't figure to be a 5-1 dog against too many hands in a super agressive game that you mention.

Isura
04-11-2005, 10:43 PM
I wouldn't do anything at Party 1/2 (say) for metagame reasons. There's too great of table selection, that you can easily pick up and leave if you start to feel that the table is taking shots at you.