PDA

View Full Version : KJ under fire

Scotch78
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I've got 200 hands on the villain and he's 34/23/33/~2.5. My only useful table reads are that he 3-bet from the SB with KQ and raised, but didn't cap, with KJs (from UTG). My intention was to fold if a king, queen or maybe a ten came up and call down otherwise.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero . . .

Scott

djoyce003
04-11-2005, 09:07 PM
I call here, and fold to a turn bet unimproved. If that ace didn't hit him, he'll likely check the turn to you and you can take it down. I hate folding right away to a threebettor if I don't flop top pair. If he checks the turn to me I bet. If he calls I check behind on the river, fearing KK or QQ. If he checkraises the turn I fold as well. I play it carefully for sure, but i'm not ready to give up yet.

Scotch78
04-11-2005, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I call here, and fold to a turn bet unimproved. If that ace didn't hit him, he'll likely check the turn to you

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't have any specific read along these lines yet, but my instinct was that he would keep firing without thinking about my call.

Scott