PDA

View Full Version : About an hour and a half in...where my game falls to pieces.

Colombo
04-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Hi all. I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to play when the blinds start making an impact, such as 200-400. My biggest problem here is that i usually enter this stage with a big, if not biggest stack, but I seem to blow it away. I believe this is because i overrate blind steals, or i just try to steal too often.

From MP on i open with suited gappers and connectors, any pair, or hands like K9 suited. Is this way too loose?

From LP i have pretty much the same standards, but every now and then I'll open with any two.

Button or SB. I'll open with any two, sometimes ill tighten up if i feel people have been recognizing my play.

On any flop ill bet 1/3-2/3 pot depending on the opponent.

I know my info here is a little vague, but am i playing way too loose here?

More importantly, what is the ideal way to play during this stage?

TheTimeIsUp
04-11-2005, 08:20 PM
If you have a huge stack, then I like this play. If you can steal 3 times a round, more power to you. DON'T always steal with any 2 in certain positions. Bad idea. If you get called, you can lead out of almost most flops. If you have nothing, and the flop comes AKQ, he checks to you, he is most liekly c/ring you. You have to feel them out, and any medicore flop bet. Of course, this is one way to play a tournament. Stealing 1, occasoanly 2 times an orbit is a safer way, but not neccessairly more productive.

Roman
04-11-2005, 08:35 PM
just adjust to the table, never have a range for raising hands like that from MP. If blinds are defenders, dont raise as much, if table is aggro, dont raise that much. On some tables its +EV to open up UTG with 56s, on others its -EV with 66.