PDA

View Full Version : The value of showing.

YourFoxyGrandma
04-11-2005, 07:44 PM
I've been contemplating this for awhile now and wanted to get some feedback. I have been considering the possible implications of showing every monster hand throughout a tournament, especially late, the assumption being that players will remember being shown strong hands increasing fold equity on steal attempts during later levels. I think this might only be effective at the $30+3s or lower and only with the more perceptive players, obviously. Are there any downsides to trying this at these levels? Does this even seem worth trying?

lorinda
04-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Are there any downsides to trying this at these levels?

A perceptive player will realise that you are bluffing on the hands you don't show and be able to determine your strategy more quickly.

Lori

yanicehand
04-11-2005, 08:03 PM
IMO, giving any information (even false) is worse than giving none. You never know how someone will interpret what you do, and I think this is hurtful in the long run.

johnny005
04-11-2005, 08:12 PM
i used to do the same thing, but realized that I only showed my good hands and when i bluffed i wouldnt show so i figured the other players might catch on to that too.

adanthar
04-11-2005, 08:17 PM
I show a fair bit of hands that I use to establish an image early on (eg, if I'm the SB at 50/100 with 800 and it's folded to me with an ATs or 88 type hand, I'll show after I push.)

I am very careful to not show some winning hands, though.