PDA

View Full Version : JQs from the BB with lots of players

Yobz
04-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok, playing 1/2 on a fishy site and I get J /images/graemlins/heart.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB.

PF:
6 limpers, SB completes, I raise, everyone calls.

Flop: 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif , 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif , 3/images/graemlins/club.gif

I couldn't ask for a better flop. SB checks, I bet.
2 limpers and SB call.

Turn: K /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks and I bet...

Tell me if I'm right here: I dont have stats on anyone (no PT) but everyone left in the hand have folded to turn bets before (similar situations occur like this) and I figured that I had enough of a chance to fold everyone to make this work, am I correct here?

First limper raises, folded to me, I call.

River: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet, villian raises, I 3-bet, he 4-bets, I call.

Look good?

DeathbySuckout
04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
I would've played it the same way.

KaiShin
04-11-2005, 07:40 PM
If you have a good chance of taking down the pot against passive players with a turn bet then yeah I'd bet.

Other stuff looks fine too.

Shillx
04-11-2005, 07:45 PM
Why did you bet the river here? Check/raise him and call a 3-bet.

Brad

Yobz
04-11-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why did you bet the river here? Check/raise him and call a 3-bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was afraid it would get checked through...

no1super2001
04-11-2005, 08:13 PM
Newbie grunching...

I think I would have played it the same up to the river.

The turn call should be +EV with 5? to 1 pot odds with 1 card to come. Once the board paired on the river, given that he might have been raising 2 pair on the turn, I would cutoff the betting with a call to his raise.

PokerProdigy
04-11-2005, 08:15 PM
I think you should have checked the turn because there is too many players to pick up the pot right there. Plus if the first limper raises (which is what happened here) you'll lose customers. I would have played the river the same way though.

tiltaholic
04-11-2005, 08:28 PM
i dont think you fold 3 players here with a turn bet...almost ever.

and i'd also checkraise the river if i was feeling sneaky.
or just lead out if i was feeling straightforward.

no1super2001
04-12-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have checked the turn because there is too many players to pick up the pot right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bet on the turn is a value bet. Your money is, at best, 10 to 1 on a slightly more than 4 to 1 draw. The profit is diluted somewhat with the raise, but still worth the bet.

Although unlikely, there are now 2 flush draws possible on the board. I don't want to give any infinite odds to draw to beat me.

brazilio
04-12-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should have checked the turn because there is too many players to pick up the pot right there.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bet on the turn is a value bet. Your money is, at best, 10 to 1 on a slightly more than 4 to 1 draw. The profit is diluted somewhat with the raise, but still worth the bet.

Although unlikely, there are now 2 flush draws possible on the board. I don't want to give any infinite odds to draw to beat me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this dark logic or something? You're DRAWING.

ArturiusX
04-12-2005, 12:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You haven't got a hand, you would love infinite odds here.

no1super2001
04-12-2005, 01:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You haven't got a hand, you would love infinite odds here.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is the case, my first read through SSH has led me to some erroneous conclusions...

Isn't aggression appropriate anytime you are receiving favorable odds in the pot? I realize there is some vulnerability in the second nuts, but it is pretty limited.

Have I missed it completely, perhaps it is time to concentrate on my second reading of SSH?