PDA

View Full Version : Should have folded or pushed right?

Raemius
04-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Single Table Live Tourney, early Starting chips $1000
I have about $900, villain(UTG+1) has ~$1000
Villain is Hyper Agressive

I'm BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif
Several Calls. I check for a free flop.

Flop A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

I bet $200, Villain Raises to $500, everyone folds, but...

...I call... Mistake #1, I think I should have folded or pushed. Agree/Disagree?

Turn 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I check, villain goes all-in, I call. He flips over the nut straight with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif. River doesn't help me, and I bust out. Mistake #2, Not having pushed after the flop, I should have folded here. Agree/Disagree?

halis123456789
04-11-2005, 06:12 PM
haven't read the other replies. this is how a maniac makes his money. checking the BB is perfect.

but at the same time, i think checking the flop is important, b/c those times the villain misses, he will be compelled to bet (in error) and when he hits (with a draw in this case) you can see what the damage to you is going to be. always check to the maniac, slowplay the hell out of him.

anyway, all i can see him having on the flop to BEAT you, is trip 4's (but you have a 4) trip 7's (possible) trip A's (but you have an A). Possibly Aces and 7's but again you have an Ace. He would've raised AQ, etc pre-flop which you dominate anyway. He could have a straight draw which would explain the limp in (56).

say you check and he bets out the pot. i think you can push here, but know that there's the slight chance you're beaten. if he's the type that likes to gamble and draw a lot, then push. if you don't push and just call, when the 3 hits you have to give him credit for the straight whether he has it or not. he's a maniac, that's his privilege.

citanul
04-11-2005, 06:14 PM
pushing the flop would be good, especially after having bet and been raised. what were the blinds?

Raemius
04-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Sorry, blinds were only 15/30, this was very early. I was first out /images/graemlins/frown.gif

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Push back...

beeyjay
04-11-2005, 07:30 PM
check/push the flop. really the only reasonable way to play this hand i think

sng-sam
04-11-2005, 08:03 PM
Fold to the reraise. I think you were going broke unless you fold. This guy reraises to 500 on the flop with 1/2 his stack committed and a super aggressive strategy. i see this very likely calling your push. It's early you have 800 if you fold. Run like a girl and live to fight another day.

SAM

citanul
04-11-2005, 08:28 PM
this is terrible advice. please people, stop posting joke advice without putting "jk" in your post at least somewhere.

you do understand he has 2 pair on a junky board, right? wtf is he supposed to be scared of everytime an aggressive player raises here. let's say that the aggressive player could have any piece of the board or any draw. well, unless he's got a crazy good flop or hits his draw, you win! the whole idea is to get your money in with the best of it, not fold whenever raised.

citanul

pokerlaw
04-11-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold to the reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll fold to this reraise once I become psychic.

[ QUOTE ]
i see this very likely calling your push.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree in this scenerio, I don't mind a call here with that draw, as I will win a good majority of the time. Though a fold would probably be more +EV in the longrun, no?

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Yeah, I want a call...

sng-sam
04-11-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this is terrible advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right. answered to fast

[ QUOTE ]
please people, stop posting joke advice without putting "jk" in your post at least somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude...you've been on quite a hot streak today...one word.....Decaff!!!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blarg
04-12-2005, 02:17 AM
I definitely want a call here.

Once you call his raise, all your money is going in the pot one way or the other anyway, so you might as well push. Doing so adds some fold equity to what's pretty much inevitable anyway.

And his raise is worth calling. You'll usually have the best hand here, and it will usually stay the best hand.