PDA

View Full Version : Going too far with poor hands...some initial (1.5k hands) stats

MikeRand2000
04-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Hey all -

After 1.5k hands at 0.05/0.10 Poker Stars, my Tracker stats show the following:

WTSD: 41.13%
W$SD: 37.13%
Fold % on Turn (all actions): 9.80%
Fold % on River (all actions): 11.72%

When Folds Hand:
16.56% no fold
71.19% pre-flop
7.45% flop
2.44% turn
2.37% river

I know that I have a small sample size, but a) I "feel" too loose on poor hands in large pots, b)the PokerTrackerGuide player rankings has already rated me tight aggressive overplayer (confirming my fears), and c) I think my stats are far out of line from the microlimit FAQ numbers.

Two quick questions:

1) Do you agree with my assessment of my stats?
2) How would you review the results / dive into the hands to learn more about it (other than just randomly posting 400+ hands)?

Thanks,

Mike

davelin
04-11-2005, 05:46 PM
Get about 10x hands, then we'll all talk.

jaxUp
04-11-2005, 05:51 PM
1.5k hands doesn't mean much, but here it does show that your
your WTSD is too high. So, you're going too far with some hands...don't do that anymore. The best way to learn is to post replies (with your thoughts) to hands that others have posted. Then people can see your thinking and correct it.

Shillx
04-11-2005, 05:52 PM
I've played about 800 hands so far this month, and my WTSD is close to 44%. Granted I'm not a weak-tighty /images/graemlins/shocked.gif but still that sample is a lot higher then my total WTSD (35-36%). You could just be getting a lot of good hands cracked or running into varience issues. Example:

You are HU on the river in a 5BB pot that you have a 30% chance of winning. The correct play is to call eventhough you could easily lose 8 times in a row in this situation. You will then begin to question yourself by saying something like "wow maybe I'm making too many bad calls". Nope, you are just getting mowed down by varience.

Play many more hands and report back.

Brad

droolie
04-11-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Two quick questions:

1) Do you agree with my assessment of my stats?
2) How would you review the results / dive into the hands to learn more about it (other than just randomly posting 400+ hands)?

Thanks,

Mike

[/ QUOTE ]

1) You are a sherrif. You want to bust everybody. Stop it! They aren't bluffing as much as you think.

2) Don't post new hands. At most post one a day and give reads and make sure the hand is interesting (no bad beats please!) Post comments in existing threads. Try to comment before reading other replies so you can give uninfluenced reponses. You can then go back and read the thread and see where you went wrong. You should also ask questions. Whenever you don't understand advice given or disagree ask a question.

MikeRand2000
04-11-2005, 05:58 PM
Got it, thanks all. I just posted because I felt as though I had seen a pretty representative mix of marginal hands (i.e. weak made hands and strong drawing hands) that could drive a representative metric. Will report back in a bit.

Mike