PDA

View Full Version : 88, getting too fancy?

reb
04-11-2005, 05:35 PM
Quite loose and somewhat aggressive table overall, raises to be respected though. Villain is new to the table and unknown.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP folds, CO calls.

I raised here, to try to get rid of BB to up my winning chances. Yes, no?

Flop: (12 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls.

Checkraised in an attempt to eliminate CO and button was probably on autobet anyways, was this wise to do button limp-raised preflop? My thinking was that he/she could very well just be building the pot with some suited connector or, well, any hand that plays well multiway.

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

This got me thinking he/she has an overpair or hit the queen on the flop and went passive on the scary flop.

River: (10 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

And hence my check.

Final Pot: 10 BB

Thoughts?

PassiveCaller
04-11-2005, 05:44 PM
I'd bet the river.

RunDownHouse
04-11-2005, 05:45 PM
Bet the river for value.

The Setup
04-11-2005, 05:48 PM
I'm undecided about the raise pre-flop, with just two limpers I'd raise it not sure I would raise it with three though. I'd probably raise 99 in the SB with the three limpers and definately TT.

Flop - I like the c/r here as I would assume button to have overcards at this point though betting into the raiser is also a valid option IMO.

Turn - Of course I play the same.

River - I bet the river instead of check-calling hoping to get an extra bet from the button with A-high.

krishanleong
04-11-2005, 07:15 PM
horrible river check. Bet and get called by ace high.

Krishan

aslowjoe
04-11-2005, 07:25 PM
river bet is 50/50. Check might induce bluff. I think A high folds here most times. You might pick up low PP's.