PDA

View Full Version : worthy of the kiddy pool?

einbert
04-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Villian is a pretty straightforward TAG, 22/15/2.
CO is a loose fish, 62/5/0.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>

Guy McSucker
04-11-2005, 06:31 PM
I am a straightforward TAG and when I cap preflop in this situation I have AK or a pair &gt;= tens. What is more I am not folding any of these unless the board or action gets a whole lot uglier. I think you are burning up chips with the check-raise here.

And when did $5/10 stop being the kiddy pool?

Guy.

einbert
04-11-2005, 09:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am a straightforward TAG and when I cap preflop in this situation I have AK or a pair &gt;= tens. What is more I am not folding any of these unless the board or action gets a whole lot uglier. I think you are burning up chips with the check-raise here.

And when did $5/10 stop being the kiddy pool?

Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

So even if another TAG checkraises you and bets into you on the turn you're still calling down with TT-QQ?

And given the preflop circumstances, I think AQs could definitely be in his hand range.

MAxx
04-11-2005, 10:01 PM
do you ever play AK this way? or AA? or a set? maybe you do, but it would look a little funny to me. on the other hand, it may get me to laydown AQ... but it wont for much of what i'm capping with.

Guy McSucker
04-12-2005, 05:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

So even if another TAG checkraises you and bets into you on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I am thinking about folding in this situation but I think this is a terrible line to take on a bluff, which -- lets face it -- is what's happening here with AJ, vs a preflop capper. It's an expensive line to take only to find out you're up against someone who is stubborn/holding a K or better. It's also quite suspicious looking, since AK would often lead at this flop.

Guy.