PDA

View Full Version : Any reason to not change screen-names as often as possible?

viennagreen
04-11-2005, 03:28 PM
I've never seen a positive a not changing your screen-name as frequently allowed--- I'm of the opinion that "reputation" can only hurt... but then again, I frequently get caught on loose steal attempts in later stages of tourneys....

But I have many notes on good players that haven't changed names for a long time....

So--- is there any advantage in not changing your screen name?

apd138
04-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Some players may have sentimental value others may think it is bad luck to change screen names. See the cashout curse for another seemingly irrational theory. However irrational these thoughts are if they negatively affect your play or the frequency that you play then that would definently be a negative. On a related note how often does party let you change your name?

spentrent
04-11-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
On a related note how often does party let you change your name?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every six months unless you ask very nicely... then they might let you get away with it earlier once.

viennagreen
04-11-2005, 03:43 PM
yes that's true---- i've called and talked to a supervisor that let me change my name after only 2 months once

AA suited
04-11-2005, 03:49 PM
poker prophecy has me at 40%+ ITM.

i believe that's the reason i'm now stealing sooooo easily.

viennagreen
04-11-2005, 03:59 PM
what percentage of players do you figure actively use poker-prophecy?

Apathy
04-11-2005, 05:10 PM
In SNGs having people avoid you, and also you knowing to avoid them is a benefit to all pros and makes game selection easier on everyone (all the pros that is).

Voltron87
04-11-2005, 05:53 PM
I think to counteract people with tracking software you should be able to switch your name much more often than every 6 months. (on party im talking) I konw you can get them to switch it up but not always.