PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 AK flop TPTK

jfresh
04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
opponent is tight-aggressive, from the way i watched him play, and his stats. 19/14/4, sorry no other good read.

any other way i should have played this? I figure either I have him dominated or he has me dominated. only hand I beat is AQ, and it can't be of diamonds...

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 8.75 BB

RustedCorpse
04-11-2005, 03:47 PM
Regardless of how tight his 3 betting standards are I'm raising at least the flop. This play is pretty passive, short handed I'm inclined to say that he raises several hands to isolate.

A possible check raise on the turn may even put him off AK if he's so tight.

Guido
04-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I cap preflop and lead the flop. The way you played the hand he could also have KK or QQ.

Thanks,

Guido

TMFS9
04-11-2005, 03:59 PM
I like the way you played the hand except I might me inclind to lead the river. I don't think raising will do you a lot of good here as a raise might push your opponent off of KK, QQ, or a weaker Ace while get you punished when you are behind. IMO the check/call, check/call, bet/fold line will probably best with this hand.

The Setup
04-11-2005, 05:38 PM
I think it's too passive post-flop. I'd either be raising the flop bet or c/r the turn.

PassiveCaller
04-11-2005, 05:55 PM
I think you need to at least put a extra bet in someplace post-flop. If you think KK,QQ will continue to bet from this player then maybe a river raise is the best option to not blow him off his hand and keep him betting. A turn raise would let him get off too easy on those hands. If his hand range is so limited that QQ,KK,AQ is it then I'd go with that.

Most of the time I'd go ahead and cap this pre-flop and bet out and slow down when raised and just keep it relatively simple.