PDA

View Full Version : Going mad with AQ?

Roy6
04-11-2005, 03:17 PM
SB is LAG. I think preflop is preety standard. I raised te flop to get rid of the unknown button. SB just calls what means he has nothing or something really big.
I don't know if the turn bet is OK, it's likely my hand is still the best (can I fold being raised?).
River: I think I beat SB and Button won't overcall without an A (?) so a raise is good here. Calling the 3-bet is OK? I'm preety sure I'm beaten here although SB is LAG.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (9 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 21 BB

Isura
04-11-2005, 07:56 PM
I would take the free card on the turn. SB could have you crushed, and losing button really doesn't help you here. I don't think betting even buys any outs, as AJ, A5 are calling down with 10BB in the pot. River looks fine to me.

djoyce003
04-11-2005, 08:04 PM
odd that you can't shake button. I wouldn't be suprised to see him showing down something cheesey like A5. I probably play it the same, even on the turn. I'd bet trying to fold out anyone with a random hand that might hit.

One thought is what kind of read on the SB do you have. In my experience, if there are limpers, the SB isn't raising without a premium holding. I think the worst hand you could put him on is a pocket pair, or AJ. Given the action, I wouldn't be surprised to be shown AQ AK or AJ by him.

Isura
04-11-2005, 10:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet trying to fold out anyone with a random hand that might hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree with this. Why do you want a random unpaired hand to fold? You have an edge drawing to top pair with AQ against such an opponent.