PDA

View Full Version : Flopped set in a multiway pot

Roy6
04-11-2005, 03:03 PM
I think I misplayed every street.
Flop is really drawy, I should have go for the C/R but I was afraid Button may choose the free card with overcards.
On the turn I think BB is likely to have a straight (and only not C/R-s because the flush draw), so I just called which I think is a mistake with 2 players "trapped" and having a big draw to a full.
River is also awful, I think I should have folded that after being weak on the turn but I thought UTG may raise with made Kx two pairs and I wasn't sure I was behind BB so I called and wanted to fold if BB 3-bets.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, Hero calls, Button folds.

River: (11.75 BB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Final Pot: 17.75 BB

mistrpug
04-11-2005, 03:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think I misplayed every street.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, preflop looks good and flop is ok (though you could check and hope button follows through with a bet. Turn is ugly. Not raising there is a sin.

tolbiny
04-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, and not the good kind of "coveting thy neighbors wife" kind of sin- more like the "though shalt not make graven images" kind.

mistrpug
04-11-2005, 03:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and not the good kind of "coveting thy neighbors wife" kind of sin- more like the "though shalt not make graven images" kind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more of the slaughtering cute puppies in front on disabled orphans type sin. It's that bad.

tolbiny
04-11-2005, 03:16 PM
There is no way that anyone with the balls to slaughter innocent puppies in that manner would check a set on the turn here.

mistrpug
04-11-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
There is no way that anyone with the balls to slaughter innocent puppies in that manner would check a set on the turn here.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but I'm not saying the same person could do both, I'm just saying they're equally bad.

Roy6
04-11-2005, 03:26 PM
OK I see turn play was dumb, what's your river plan?

mistrpug
04-11-2005, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK I see turn play was dumb, what's your river plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise the turn and the river looks a lot different, it will probably even get checked to you.

Given that you didn't raise the turn, I'm still 3-betting that river. UTG doesn't really scare me, the only way I see you losing this hand is if BB had A5, 77, or 33.

RunDownHouse
04-11-2005, 03:35 PM
After its checked to me on the river, I bet. If someone wakes up with a bet, I likely raise, depending on the number/likelihood of getting overcalls v. everyone but bettor folding.

aslowjoe
04-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Raise the turn.
First of all top pair, 2 pair, higher PP are still more likely then a str8. Even if you you knew there was a 50% chance he had a str8 you should still raise. The other 2 aren't folding for 1 more.
The way you played it I would raise the river.