PDA

View Full Version : Ring Ceremony/Fenway Opener/Sox Yanks thread

Voltron87
04-11-2005, 02:38 PM
Game thread...

What is up with Derek Lower coming out and wearing a Sox jersey? That's not right in my book, I think it's fine if he wants to come back to get a ring if it doesn't conflict with a start or anything, but he plays for the Dodgers now. If the Sox wanted him they could have signed him, but they didn't. Just wear a suit, red tie maybe, like the Baseball Tonight guys suggested.

Should be afucking awesome game.

Dead
04-11-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Should be afucking awesome game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 02:43 PM
the schedulers are morans for having the yankees there opening day, and for having the yanks/sox play 2 series in the first 9 games.
btw, sox fans are so pathetic for the most part

Dead
04-11-2005, 02:44 PM
Oh they are showing the game on ESPN here and not YES, because I don't get YES on my school cable lineup. ESPN and ESPN2 have been good about showing a lot of the Yankees games here for me.

Voltron87
04-11-2005, 02:49 PM
Kinda cool to see Yaz/Pesky there. I think I'm over the Sox winning, I'm not quite over losing the ALCS the way we did, but I'm ok with the fact that 1918 is over.

Dead
04-11-2005, 02:52 PM
It's almost Moooooseee time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Damn this five-man rotation.

I think Mike is gonna have a real solid outing today. I think the Yank bats will get to Wakefield early and often.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the Yank bats will get to Wakefield early and often.

[/ QUOTE ]
any reasoning ? (cant be anything rational, thats for sure)

Dead
04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
No rational reasons, just a hunch.

Moose dominates the Sox even more than Wakefield has dominated the Yanks in the past.

andyfox
04-11-2005, 03:06 PM
Yeah, he should wear his Dodger uniform, or a suit and tie. But at least that's better than Pedro, who told them where they could put their ring. Completely classless. The fans have been waiting for eighty-six years. Do the right thing.

How much was the original contract the Red Sox gave Pedro when they first signed him as a free agent? I remember Pedro saying he was embarrassed to tell his family it was so much money. And now they can shove their World Series ring? He's a great, great pitcher, but an easy guy to dislike.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 03:07 PM
this game is being delayed due to ceremonies? more bs
start your fing ceremony earlier

kyro
04-11-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's almost Moooooseee time. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Damn this five-man rotation.

I think Mike is gonna have a real solid outing today. I think the Yank bats will get to Wakefield early and often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm glad you posted your opinion. No really. I thought you might say that Mussina was going to get rocked, Wakefield would have 23 Ks and the Sox would win by 18.

Dead
04-11-2005, 03:13 PM
REALLY!

I have a meeting at 4:30.

I want to see some [censored] baseball before then.

ttleistdci
04-11-2005, 04:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to retract that?
4-0 after 3. Wakefield has yet to give up a hit. Moose is probably close to 60 pitches already.

istewart
04-11-2005, 04:47 PM
This game has disintegrated quick. So gay.

I need to get out of school so I can get YES.

BigD226
04-11-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice call here. No, really. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Were you half that confident before Game 4 of the ALCS?

Voltron87
04-11-2005, 04:50 PM
7-1... [censored] Arod screwed up again. Just when we were starting to hit Wakefield and get back in it again. If he makes that play there's still a lot of ballgame.

Dead, stop making stupid predictions for no reason.

istewart
04-11-2005, 04:53 PM
Dead you goddamn albatross, lol.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 05:44 PM
geez, the fans in boston are ugh-ly

Dynasty
04-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Red Sox: 8
Yankees: 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/DynastyPoker/pickles.gif

Lazymeatball
04-11-2005, 07:19 PM
I like the A-Rod chants the second time around for no apparent reason. (After the initial chant inspired by his error)

Uglyowl
04-11-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this game is being delayed due to ceremonies? more bs
start your fing ceremony earlier

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't begin to make up for huge head Ronan Tinan singing a 28 minute version of "God Bless America" every 7th inning stretch.

Dead
04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Ronan Tinan has an awesome voice. It's much better than that shitty Rhode Island group they had in Fenway at the ALCS last year.

asb165
04-11-2005, 07:34 PM
Well that shitty group doesn't sing every [censored] game.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like the A-Rod chants the second time around for no apparent reason. (After the initial chant inspired by his error)

[/ QUOTE ]
we all know the fenway fans are morans
im sure we all remember the yankees suck chants at fenway (even when the yankees were many time defending champs AND were winning the game/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

daryn
04-11-2005, 09:24 PM
i think this is your 3rd post in this thread bashing red sox or the fans, and for no reason. let's get some solid reasoning in here please, or continue being ignored by most everyone.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 09:27 PM
umm, the last post gave a pretty good reason

TeeJayORTj
04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i think this is your 3rd post in this thread bashing red sox or the fans, and for no reason. let's get some solid reasoning in here please, or continue being ignored by most everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid reasoning from a Yankee fan??? Yeah right. They just have hunches (good one dead) and meaningless conjectures.

And I thought Sox fans showed class today. Not one Yankees Suck Chant..which is stupid. And the fans generally applaued when Torre was introduced. Not like the mock cheer for Rivera...which was a fun time.

blindu
04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
hm i guess the score 8-1 is all that matters for today...that should shut you up until/if the yankees beat the sox again in a game.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hm i guess the score 8-1 is all that matters for today...that should shut you up until/if the yankees beat the sox again in a game.

[/ QUOTE ]
yeah im crushed, ill probably call out of work for the rest of the week.

daryn
04-11-2005, 09:37 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

but dude, .. yankees suck.

daryn
04-11-2005, 09:39 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Solid reasoning from a Yankee fan??? Yeah right. They just have hunches (good one dead) and meaningless conjectures.

And I thought Sox fans showed class today. Not one Yankees Suck Chant..which is stupid. And the fans generally applaued when Torre was introduced. Not like the mock cheer for Rivera...which was a fun time.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. very classy today. the fans clearly respect torre, and they were just having fun with rivera, and everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it.

also the yankees showed class when they applauded throughout the ring ceremony from the steps of the dugout.

that's the way it should be, baby.

andyfox
04-11-2005, 10:27 PM
Well, you had the "early and often" part right. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

We (the Yankees) are looking prettty bad just now. Bad pitching, bad hitting, bad fielding. Bad combination.

TeeJayORTj
04-11-2005, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. very classy today. the fans clearly respect torre, and they were just having fun with rivera, and everyone seemed to get a good laugh out of it.

also the yankees showed class when they applauded throughout the ring ceremony from the steps of the dugout.

that's the way it should be, baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I was very happy to see them stay in the dugout for the entire Ceremony. Also when Tito got his ring Torre tipped his hat to him. Class Acts all around.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 10:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but dude, .. yankees suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
at least youre not denying the ugliness of the sox fans!!

daryn
04-11-2005, 10:52 PM
sox fans are uglier? ha.. as if i should be somehow offended if this were close to true.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
sox fans are uglier? ha.. as if i should be somehow offended if this were close to true.

[/ QUOTE ]
oh, its true, its true
those chicks remind me of chicks from england
puke

daryn
04-11-2005, 11:03 PM
yeah i've noticed that too. how EXTREMELY UGLY GIRLS seem to want to congregate around a certain city, instead of another bigger city very closeby.

mostsmooth
04-11-2005, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i've noticed that too. how EXTREMELY UGLY GIRLS seem to want to congregate around a certain city, instead of another bigger city very closeby.

[/ QUOTE ]
hartford?

youtalkfunny
04-12-2005, 04:31 AM
All winter long, ESPN said they would show the pre-game ceremony. I tune in at the previously-hyped time, just in time to hear the announcers say things like, "What a remarkable ceremony that WAS! Unlike any I had ever seen!"

Goddammit! I would've gone on out of my mind seeing any of the following:

--Orr
--Yaz
--Bruschi
--Russell, Seymour, and Pesky
--37-foot high by god-knows-how long banner

Getting them all at once would have been nothing shy of blissful.