PDA

View Full Version : Unexpected river bet :

spoohunter
04-11-2005, 02:23 PM
$.5/$1 NL.

Hero has $97
Villian has me covered.

Playing live. We started five handed, and are now at nine handed. Villian is too loose preflop but fairly cautious post flop.

I have A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in SB, two callers, SB (Villian Completes) I check.

Flop ($4).

Board : J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Villian checks, I bet $4.

Turn ($12) A /images/graemlins/heart.gif
Board : J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Villian checks, I bet $10, Villian calls.

River ($32) : 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif
J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif

Villian leads out $20.

Thoughts?

My questions are specificially on flop and river action, but I am interested in everything.

BuddahShark
04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
If Villain is a passive caller, theres a slight chance he's holding 78, for the good old double belly buster draw on the flop. His passivity looks like a drawing hand and that 6 completes his straight.
If villain is a good player, ie won't call your big bets with just 8 outs, im not ruling out a set of 5s.
Ive seen people use this exact line with a flopped set out of position to your shown aggression.

The flop bet is fine, i might bet a little less to encourage him to define his hand more, plus if hes cautious post flop as you say, he's not calling a pot sized bet with anything less than a strong draw (which this board doesnt have) or at least TP. The fact that he just called your big turn bet is odd, unless hes fishy, im thinking hes got me. River is tough, and read dependent...I'd probably have to call though, at least to look him up and thinking my two pair is good 2/3 of the time. Comments on my analysis appreciated, I'd have a tough time with this one as well.

spoohunter
04-11-2005, 11:49 PM
Any other comments?

Allinlife
04-11-2005, 11:56 PM
looks like he made his straight/flopped set and afraid that hero might check behind him. it was the only draw on flop he could have and that 6 don't look like it made him 2 pair. unless you've seen him make illogical bluffs out of no where, this is pretty easy lay down I think.

spoohunter
04-12-2005, 03:29 PM
I didn't even think about the river, just called. He mumbled something like 'that ace killed me' and 'i flopped to pair mon' and mucked.